Author Topic: Walleye Dan-Arctic Armor Suits?????  (Read 4691 times)

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
Walleye Dan-Arctic Armor Suits?????
« on: Dec 19, 2007, 07:16 AM »
Anyone here know why Walleye Dans e mails are being sent back? I am trying to get some info on his Arctic Armor suits and cannot contact him.Has anyone here recently talked to him or contacted him? Does he have a phone number? Thanks in advance.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Walleye Dan-Arctic Armor Suits?????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2007, 07:41 AM »
Don't know why his e-mails are being returned. You can also get those exact same suits thru the proshop here on IS.-->  http://www.iceshanty.com/iceshanty/iceshanty_store
Ken                                          

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2007, 08:31 AM »
Pete pm set to you..
Hard Ice

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2007, 08:36 AM »
 ;D  Thanks for your help on this. Looks like the nicest suit out there that I have found.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2007, 08:37 AM »
They are nice suits. And it's great having the safety factor built into the suits.
Ken                                          

Offline roygpa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's da Ice?
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2007, 09:32 PM »
I bought mine from Ice Shanty last week. No problems.

Roy
Southwestern, PA

Offline howesfc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Eirinn go Brach"
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2007, 06:17 PM »
Just got mine tonight can't wait to test it out!
Glad I went with my normal size.
Looks to be top quality.

I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier

Offline TeikasDad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2007, 02:13 PM »
Mine came in yesterday... wore it fishing this morning.  Just about 32 degrees, light wind with jeans a t-neck and fleece pullover.  I had to take the jacket off when I was moving around because it got too warm!  Well made, lots of storage/pockets.  I like the built in gators in the legs.  When I walked through the snow at the edge of the pond I didn't get snow down my boots like the old outfit I had.

For sizing questions, I'm 5' 11", 200lbs.  I wear a large shirt and jacket, size 44/46 coat, 36" waist.  I got a large jacket and large bibs.  Bibs had enough space that I could comfortably reach inside the top of the bib to get at my jeans pockets (there are slits in the front legs for this I later discovered).  The jacket is very roomy, so if I want to layer more for colder weather there is plenty of space.  There is a little bungee cord sewn into the waist area that can tighten the jacket up for a closer fit too.

Over all I'm very pleased with the construction and quality.  I've got friends that I fish with who use Ice Armor....but I like the idea of floating if I fall through the ice.  Besides that, I'm the guy in red and black, not blue or grey like everyone else on the ice.  I'm easier to spot!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

[img width=200 height=80]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/Trooper-Bri/CTlogofinal2.jpg?t=1228

Offline Bob James

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2007, 06:05 AM »
You'll love that outfit if you can get hold of Walleye Dan. I have his cell phone number if you still need it.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2007, 10:57 PM »
 ;D Happy new Years to all and Thanks guys for the info.I just got my suit from WalleyeDan and it is the nicest suit I have seen, bar none! Light, lots of pockets and high quality zippers.I am 205 and 5'9" and Dan and his very helpful Wife suggested a Large jacket and XL bibs and they fit just right.The price was what the other suits run and I feel alot safer on marginal ice conditions now with this suit.I didn't know these were sold here or I would have gotten one here but just the same, Thanks Dan & Wife for a quality product that I am sure will last for a long, long time.

Offline walkonwater1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2008, 01:18 PM »
Did any of you guys get the camo?
Kids that hunt, trap and fish don't mug little old ladies.

Big moves to find'em, small moves to catch'em!

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 01, 2008, 01:46 PM »
I myself got the RED color.I have seen that there is some difference between the red and the camo suits and I think the RED one was designed for ice fishing with all the pockets and the thickly padded kneepads.Besides, RED is a whole lot easier to see if by chance someone falls throught the ice and rescuers are looking for them.

Offline walkonwater1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2008, 01:50 PM »
Red is definetely the way to go for optimum safety but I need it for 4 wheeling and bow hunting as well..

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2008, 02:00 PM »
Yes camo would be the way to go for your prupose.I also read somewheres ( here I think) that the camo suit is somewhat quieter as its made out of a different material but has the same floater qualities.I am also a Fireman and will be using this on many of my drills and calls.I have a Mustang floater suit also and they are heavy and stiff when cold but this new suit will fill in quite nicely as its nowheres near as bulky.I am sure someone here will get back to you on the camo suit but you will not regret getting it I'm sure.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2008, 02:09 PM »
Walkon water- heres some better info for you.Go to www.idigear.com. All you need to see and read on the camo suit VS the red one. Pete

Offline walkonwater1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2008, 05:59 PM »
Thanks Pete. I have that info. I was hoping to hear from another customer regarding the camo pattern. My jacket and bibbs don't match well at all. It almost appears to be two different camo patterns. I have written IDI and will wait to hear from them as well.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2008, 06:20 PM »
 :) thats not good-you would look like 2 different trees in the woods! HAHA! Im sure they will make it right as it sounds like there are a lot of happy customers with their gear.I also got a pair of their gloves and have put my hands in the sink tonite filled with water and no sign of leakage after 2 minutes!! Wish I could say the same for the Ice Armor gloves!!!!

Offline walkonwater1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2008, 04:37 AM »
I saw the gloves and almost got a pair..If they were camo I would have purchased them.

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2008, 05:22 PM »
Wish I could say the same for the Ice Armor gloves!!!!

I have a pair of Ice Armor gloves and they don't leak. They do however freeze as stiff as a pop cycle when they get wet and it is really cold out. I do wish they didn't do that..

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.