Author Topic: Socks  (Read 3364 times)

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Socks
« on: Dec 29, 2004, 02:17 PM »
I got some duck unlimited socks for christmas and i must say wow. My feet were toasty all day long.
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
Re: Socks
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2004, 08:16 AM »
The very best combination that I have found is thin polypropylene sock liners under wool, very good at wicking moister away and keeping you warm.

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2005, 12:52 PM »
My favorite combo is good boots and no socks. YUP, I said no socks, as in bare feet. Been out in -20 F and no problem.
Pete Lewis

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Sure if it was always -20 but this morning it is -37 without the windchill. BRrrrrrrrrr
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

Offline oldstuff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Anything but cotton and that includes the upper body as well.  I agree with Jigginstick....polypro liners and good wool socks works for me.  I also go with just wool socks sometimes, keep them loose,not to snug and I never lace up my boots tight.  Before I saw the light I use to wear several pairs of socks at one time including cotton to try and keep warm. That only cuts circulation to the feet plus the cotton doesn't wick the moisture away from you feet.  If you don't have polypro then go with straight wool. It will will keep you warmer than cotton even if the wool gets wet.

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Cabelas sells a "smart" sock designed just for this. I used to wear a poly sock under the wool sock until I found these.
FTD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.