Author Topic: Lithium battery size??  (Read 1352 times)

Offline fugly1

• IceShanty Rookie
Lithium battery size??
« on: Dec 08, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Fellas I need some help here, I have a Lowrance HDS 9 live for the hard water coming from Santa and have my set up from last year and am wondering if a Dakota lithium 12AH will be enough for this unit or should I sell it and buy the 18 AH, it has the same footprint in my case?

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Lithium battery size??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2020, 03:40 PM »
Easy 18AH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2020, 04:44 PM »
Easy 18AH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Spoken like Tim the Tool Man!  ;)2

If'n it was me and I already had a 12Ah I'd run it until I was dissatisfied and then go an 18.  Your current power is paid for and owes you nothing. Why not give it a go, perhaps push it a bit, and see where it takes you? If you find you're running a bit short (which I'm not sure that you will) then make your move.

Two things that could change that are current sale opportunities or someone immediately interested in your 12 for an attractive upgrade price.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline 77tech

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2020, 09:09 PM »
A quick search I did shows the HDS 9 at 15.6 W which is 1.2A at 13V or 1.3 at 12V.  What size is your battery and how much current does your current setup pull?  From there you can compare run times of each.

Offline fugly1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2020, 05:36 AM »
thanks fellas, I am planning on running it and will turn down my backlight/brightness and I should be able to get 6-8 hours out of it and if not I will pick up the 18ah version after Christmas

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2020, 06:17 AM »
thanks fellas, I am planning on running it and will turn down my backlight/brightness and I should be able to get 6-8 hours out of it and if not I will pick up the 18ah version after Christmas

May be Email Amped Outdoors (site sponsor) we your inquiry to the possible run times of their battery ...good people to deal with.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2020, 07:07 AM »
I have the amped outdoors 18ah for my Helix 7. I had roughly 20 hours on it and it was still going. I charged it because I was headed out for a full day. Fished the next day as well,  so another 20ish hours on a change. Could have went longer.

Amped is also a IS sponsor!!
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.