New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Tupper Trout  (Read 646 times)

Offline fishnchef13

• IceShanty Rookie
Tupper Trout
« on: Jan 13, 2021, 11:12 AM »
Going up to Fish Simon and Raquette pond for a few days pretty soon. After 10 entries in Northern Challenge I realized I've never fished the big lake.
Checked the topo maps and am wondering what the thought is about going in from one of the parking areas on 30 south of the village. Looks like I wont find real deep water so is this a waste of time for Trout? Also considered the boat launch. Seems like 40 FOW is around that area.  Thinking easy on easy off 3-4 hours fishing either first or last day of trip.  Any thoughts or recommendations?

Offline Lumberjack1455

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Tupper Trout
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2021, 02:15 PM »
So I've fished Tupper most my life as I grew up there. You can catch Lakers throughout the lake in winter. I've caught them down by the rt 30 boat launch in the 40-60ft and I've caught them farther out of Rock Island bay or Slim cove. I have actually seen 1 caught in 8 feet of water once while fishing for northerns. Was near the Bog river inflow. Best day I've ever had group of buddies and I caught 5 legal lakers. But it can be a slow day of fishing for them more often than not. Stay safe on the ice! Also as an after thought the guy who runs the Red Top Inn usually has a good grasp on ice conditions and where fish have been getting caught. He also sells bait!
It's all fun and games until someone misses a walleye.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.