The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 173329 times)

Offline drakerebel

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #90 on: Nov 02, 2009, 12:42 PM »
Hey, name's Chris from the Willmar area and can't wait till hardwater arrives!!!

Offline mags459

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Nov 03, 2009, 07:02 AM »
Hello, good board, I live in the north metro and had ice fished most of my life minus some time that I lived in Cincinnati, no real winter. Now in MN and back to the ice
Shane

Offline lhprop1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Nov 03, 2009, 01:58 PM »
I'm Ben.  I used to be limited to fishing out of my permanent in Southern MN.  Now that I've got a new truck, you'll probably be seeing my porty everywhere from LotW to Lake Washington.
How would you play today if you knew you couldn\'t play tomorrow?

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #93 on: Nov 03, 2009, 05:24 PM »
Welcome newbies!

Make sure you guys add MN to your profile to remind the east coast guys that they dont own the place! ;D

Offline Chevy_94

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see this year round"
« Reply #94 on: Nov 04, 2009, 12:25 PM »
hello everyone my name is Ben I'm from the willmar area. I really enjoy ice fishing. At the end of every season I'm already thinking about next year. I finally am going to get my 5+ years wheelhouse project finished this year.  :thumbsup: I'm pretty stoked! i stumbled across this website a while back and been checking it from time to time. lots of good ideas from everyone.

Offline canoesota

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Got my mojo working"
« Reply #95 on: Nov 04, 2009, 10:16 PM »
hello everyone my name is Ben I'm from the willmar area. I really enjoy ice fishing. At the end of every season I'm already thinking about next year. I finally am going to get my 5+ years wheelhouse project finished this year.  :thumbsup: I'm pretty stoked! i stumbled across this website a while back and been checking it from time to time. lots of good ideas from everyone.

Ben, keep us informed regarding the ice fishing on Green Lake if you go there.

Offline Chevy_94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Nov 05, 2009, 07:53 AM »
I haven't fished green very much in the past. I'm usually on diamond or eagle lake. the few times I've been on green we had really good luck with crappies and sunnies!

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Nov 05, 2009, 08:38 PM »
i was just in willmar last saturday after we dropped my buddies boat of at his cabin on green.... i had never been there before sober lol.... seems like a nice little area! will be heading out there this winter for some ice fishing for sure!
EK

Offline bgreen82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Nov 08, 2009, 10:04 AM »
hey guys, i registered a while ago, but never really made any posts. i am from cottage grove and do most of my ice fishing around the east metro, but get up to the chisago lakes area from time to time. the st croix is something im definitely gonna get more into this year as well. try for some real slabs out there.
Brian

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #99 on: Nov 08, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Join right in and start posting!

Deer hunting is over next week, most of the MN members come back after that. The mind switches to ice fishing after the buck is dead and in the freezer. ;) I am not deer hunting this year, I kinda got crowded off the farm I was using. I am not much of a hunter anyway, I would rather fish. Sitting still and staying very quiet has been a problem with me for most of my life. ;D

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Nov 09, 2009, 11:26 AM »
Sounds like you should be a duck hunter skipper! That way once the water freezes (usually before the duck season is over) you can just put the decoys away and pull the auger out. It's a nice transition! I used to be "feeling crappie" but when I tried to come back in I coulndn't remember what my name was or my password so I had to start a new name up...it is in tribute to my "holy grail" of ice fishing equipment...the lindy pounder...they stopped making them and I am on a neverending search for these little treasures, if anybody knows where I can get some let me know  ???

If I'm not fishing or hunting right now, you can bet that I\'m thinking about it!

Offline screamin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #101 on: Nov 09, 2009, 11:58 AM »
hello guys I'm from the Lincoln Lakes area in between Motley and Randall I look forward to chatting with all of you. 

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #102 on: Nov 09, 2009, 05:32 PM »
You fish the Brainerd stuff much?

Offline screamin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Nov 10, 2009, 07:54 AM »
yes, i fish Brained all the time and help out with the Jaycees contest through Strikemaster. Normally i end up taking the media from all over the world ice fishing the day before. Dave Genz and Brian "Bro" Brohsdahl are very close friends of mine and also tournament partners of mine in summer and winter. I'm not sure how that will work now because 2 months ago i took on the sales manager position for otter outdoors. 

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Nov 10, 2009, 09:22 AM »
YAY OTTER! I love my ugly purple house!

If I'm not fishing or hunting right now, you can bet that I\'m thinking about it!

Offline screamin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Nov 10, 2009, 03:53 PM »
we'll see you guys at the bottom of the escalator at the St. Paul Ice Show!!!! Stop by and say hello.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #106 on: Nov 10, 2009, 05:55 PM »
I will be in about the center of the show. I will make sure to stop on my way in.

I would sure hope that your best fishing partners would not ditch you because you took a job. We all gotta make a living! ;)

Offline screamin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Nov 11, 2009, 08:53 AM »
what booth are you going to in?

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #108 on: Nov 11, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Iceshanty will be in 424, near the middle of the floor. I will be running the booth all three days.

Offline Chevy_94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #109 on: Nov 11, 2009, 09:30 PM »
Sounds like fun! I'm hoping i can make it there this year. i've been trying to get there for three years now. I swear my wife knows i want to go and makes plans for that day on purpose. :wacko: :%$#!:

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #110 on: Nov 11, 2009, 09:54 PM »
Go right now, get up and mark it on the calendar with a crayon if you need to. Write "I am busy, don't plan anything" on Dec 5. I mean it! Get up right now and do it! ;D

Then she cant say you didn't warn her.

Offline walleyeslayr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #111 on: Nov 16, 2009, 08:01 PM »
Just found this website- looks pretty neat.  I'm a cidiot living in Burnsville, but I fish Mille Lacs quite a bit.  When is it going to get cold?  I'm getting the itch real bad.  Have a good season everyone, and be safe. :icefish:

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #112 on: Nov 16, 2009, 08:06 PM »
"cidiot"....that's a good one..... ;D  I've heard "612-er" and stuff like that, but I that's a good one....
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #113 on: Nov 16, 2009, 08:13 PM »
I'm a cidiot living in Burnsville, but I fish Mille Lacs quite a bit.

Now, no need to be so hard on yourself! ;D

The definition of a citiot is a person who takes all day to back their boat into the lake or drills holes right next to you at dusk. I bet you know better than that! ;)

Welcome to the site.

Offline flyangler00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Nov 29, 2009, 11:52 PM »
hello to everyone! my name is steve, i'm originally from the pillager area, just north of the lincoln lakes and motley area. i now reside and guide just south of hackensack in backus. i fish all over the central mn region. i work full time as a machinist and guide in my spare time. i have a wife and 2 kids w/ one on the way. i'm constantly runnin! the transition between seasons has been nice, but some ice would be really helpful! hope to put up alot of informative posts in the near future. my passion is fly fishing. everything from panfish to muskies and everything in between, even carp! glad to be a part of the site!

may you have tight lines and good times, we'll see you on the water

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #115 on: Nov 30, 2009, 04:50 PM »
Welcome!

I have never fly fished in my life, maybe I can get some pointers. ;D

Offline flyangler00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Dec 04, 2009, 01:47 AM »
no prob! i have a few articles floating around on the web to help people get started. i also am taking bookings for the spring/summer season for float tube trips. lessons are included at no additional cost!! :)

may you have tight lines and good times, we'll see you on the water

Offline boomer91

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #117 on: Dec 05, 2009, 07:57 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm Steve (37) from Grand Rapids. I'm a semi seasoned hard water fisherman, always looking to absorb new knowledge, tips and tricks, etc... I usually fish close to the Grand Rapids area with a few trips a year to Babbitt. Can't wait to get on the ice!

Steve

servocam

« Reply #118 on: Dec 05, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Hello All, I am 33 and live in Forest Lake.  I started ice fishing around 3 with my Dad in IL and here and there growing up in SD.  Last year was first time going ice fishing in ~15 years.  This year I am going to introduce my 5yo to ice fishing so we are gear'n up.  My son, Alex, has been fishing since he was 3.

I fish Clear Lake, Forest Lake, and Big Comfort

Ice shack $400
Used Flasher $200
Two Poles & Tackel, misc. stuff $200
Hand-Auger $100
Mr Buddy heater $80
Hot Cocoa, Beef Jerky, Seeds $10
Catching Crappies out of a 6 inch hole, 2 feet deep in the ice for 3 hours with my son PRICELESS!

Something's money can buy, for everything else, there is IceShanty.com

Thanks guys!

Offline woodpat1963

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #119 on: Dec 05, 2009, 09:31 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I'm Woodpat from Lakeville, MN. I don't have one single lake I fish all the time but my favorite lake would be Kabetogama. Ice fishing I get up at 3 and head out with no real destination just to fish. I just got home from the Ice Show at the River Center and man do I have a bug to get out!! Lakes up North like Red are walkable and the weather appears to be in our favor for the southern half of the state so I'm hoping next week some time I can get some pics up. Bring on the ice I'm more than ready.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.