Author Topic: Frabill hand muff tackle bag  (Read 1187 times)

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Frabill hand muff tackle bag
« on: Jul 31, 2016, 06:01 AM »
I just ordered one from Cabelas on sale for $29.88 + $8.95 shipping. I was wondering how any of you that have these like them. Are the cumbersome? Do they get in the way? What kind of gear can you all fit in them? I plan on using it for when I walk out and need to pack light with minimal tackle. This is also a heads up for anybody interested in these as this is a huge markdown from what they are usually priced at. I have seen the priced anywhere from $50 all the way to $120 at some places.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Frabill hand muff tackle bag
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2016, 12:26 PM »
I don't have the Muff tackle bag but do have the Frabill soft bag ...love that bag ..I did get some slim profile utility boxes/cases to replace the original ones ...just for more gear and better organization. I tried bringing a heated muff out several seasons ago ...didn't care for it..I now just tuck my hands in my bibs or the bib chest pockets
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2016, 08:10 PM »
I have something similar to the bag you have, and I have to agree with you on those slim utility boxes. The plano 3601 boxes you mentioned are about half as thick as the 3600 utility boxes. They sure do make it alot easier to organize stuff right?  The main reason I wanted the hand muff bag was because I have a few smaller boxes for the go to spoons and jigs that I bring with me when I have to walk out. The big bag weighs about 20 lbs. fully loaded so I don't need the extra weight when walking out. When we are able to drive out, the big bag comes with. This smaller bag will just let me keep all the smaller boxes, pliers, glow charger, and other small stuff together. I hardly ever wear my heavy coat out there and the sweaterpocket is always full of stuff so hopefully this should help me with that problem as well.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2016, 02:52 PM »
I have the hand muff bag...I use it year 'around. its awesome for a grab and go tackle bag for open water and it gets filled and tossed in my sled on the ice. Holds water bottles upright - awesome plus. I've worn it as a muff bag a couple of times to keep hands extra warm on long walks back to the truck, pulling my sled at night.

Thought I've never used it as such, it would be awesome for hole hopping. Just load it up with hand warmers and get out there.

BTW that's a great price, they're well made

Catchin' Fish

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 2016, 05:44 AM »
I have the hand muff bag...I use it year 'around. its awesome for a grab and go tackle bag for open water and it gets filled and tossed in my sled on the ice. Holds water bottles upright - awesome plus. I've worn it as a muff bag a couple of times to keep hands extra warm on long walks back to the truck, pulling my sled at night.

Thought I've never used it as such, it would be awesome for hole hopping. Just load it up with hand warmers and get out there.

BTW that's a great price, they're well made

What I like to hear! I only hole hop when it warms up around here, and I like the idea of having your tackle right there instead of havingto run back to the sled every time. The hand muff would come in handy at times for me. I guess I am kind of wondering how comfortable is it to wear on a long day of fishing?

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 03, 2016, 08:43 AM »
I've never worn it fanny pack style but the straps and bag itself are nicely padded and wide. I sling it over my shoulder and hike a lot for open water fishing - plenty comfortable that way. The straps are adjustable and removable

Catchin' Fish

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2016, 12:29 AM »
I've been looking at it, and trying to figure out what the purpose of some of the compartments were designed for.  Some indicate they are for the hand warmers, Is there a video about it ?  showing it being used ?
Bud

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Aug 04, 2016, 03:19 AM »
I've been looking at it, and trying to figure out what the purpose of some of the compartments were designed for.  Some indicate they are for the hand warmers, Is there a video about it ?  showing it being used ?

I was looking for videos, reviews...any info on the bag before I ordered. The only video I found was on youtube and of  the larger full sized tackle bag Hardwater mentioned above. As far as reviews went, all I found was a post by Matzilla on this site.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.