Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 224646 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #4590 on: Mar 30, 2024, 01:40 PM »
Afternoon all,

H2L…hope the new meds do the trick, will keep MrsH2 in my prayers  ;)

IW…..you know I HAVE to watch that movie now, right  ???

Eddie….sounds like the perfect way to spend time with all the family on the holiday  :)

MrC…..no MA trip this weekend. It will be just the 2 of us tomorrow. Are you making the drive to NJ  ???

FH4…..looks like a nice day on the water, fingers crossed the eyes are more cooperative next outing  @)

IFF…..hope the new glasses make everything clearer  ;D

Not much happening here today. Got word my grandson’s hockey team won their championship game yesterday 5-0 !!!

Have a good evening. Make a note for yourself if you’re hiding eggs, nothing worse than coming up 1 short after the hunt lol

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4591 on: Mar 30, 2024, 02:32 PM »
Winds keeping me close to home, at least the batteries are getting a good recharge, found a hiccup in my ground wire that I’m about to remedy  ::)

More March Madness on tap should round off my day

Take care , stay safe
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4592 on: Mar 30, 2024, 06:53 PM »
IFF your fish had me wanting more fish and luckily I did notnhave to catch any on the last couple to have a fish fry with the family. These are the ones from ice fishing this year. I think everyone was happy as there is not a lot left. The broccoli slaw has been great the last few times we ate it so I think that is the go to anymore.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4593 on: Mar 31, 2024, 05:25 AM »
                                                                         HAPPY EASTER !!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4594 on: Mar 31, 2024, 06:26 AM »
Happy Easter to everyone.

I stayed home all day yesterday and NO meds were delivered. I have my doubts today!

Enjoy your dinner....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4595 on: Mar 31, 2024, 06:27 AM »
                                                  :bow: HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!! :bow:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4596 on: Mar 31, 2024, 06:51 AM »

Happy Easter

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4597 on: Mar 31, 2024, 09:41 AM »
 Happy Easter everyone

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #4598 on: Mar 31, 2024, 09:48 AM »

HAPPY EASTER TO ONE AND ALL :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4599 on: Mar 31, 2024, 10:18 AM »

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4600 on: Mar 31, 2024, 11:37 AM »
Happy Easter, have a fantastic day with your loved ones.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4601 on: Apr 01, 2024, 05:12 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            Welcome to April, It's 30* and cloudy, with more snow coming Wednesday and Thursday. ::)
                            I hope everyone had a good Easter. Some of my family and I met at the Holiday Inn in Lake George for their Easter buffet. It was amazing.
                            I have an early therapy appointment appointment this morning.
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4602 on: Apr 01, 2024, 05:27 AM »
Morning all,

Looks like a trip to the lake is on the list today!!

Will check in later

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4603 on: Apr 01, 2024, 06:25 AM »
Good morning, 30* and cloudy.

Easter dinner went well, Amber and Lindsay did a good job. Rocky and Scout had fun.

WW, good luck out on the water.

IW, have fun at therapy!

We still haven't gotten the "meds", phone calls today. The wife is doing "OK", tired, a nasty cough, temp is normal.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4604 on: Apr 01, 2024, 07:30 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Cloudy, is 63 and expected high today of 78, giving way to showers and possibly thunderstorms this evening, and into tomorrow, like WW May head to my Lake Chickamauga which is starting to have the water level raised from its 5.25 feet below its summer full pool levels.

Managed to install a trolling rod holder bracket, wasn’t easy to find stainless bolts yesterday with most all stores closed for the holiday yesterday.

Yesterday’s supper was pacific salmon from last year’s fishing trip, so now that’s all used up.  Might give some thought to going back out this summer, depending on if I can save up enough money.

Have come to the decision to forgo cataract surgery for another year, and just replace my scratched eyewear.

Safe day to all

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4605 on: Apr 01, 2024, 08:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to April…cloudy and 38* this am, high of 55.

Jeff…hope the therapy session goes well this morning. Sounds like a great time and buffet shared with the family yesterday, nice!!  :clap:  I’m hoping my extended forecast is wrong for Wednesday and Thursday…saying like 10” possible right now and I haven’t even been messing around in the garden!  ;D
  Wally…best of luck to Team WW today, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  H2…glad you all had an enjoyable day and dinner, hope the meds get delivered soon and bring relief to your wife.  :thumbsup: 
  Bud…good luck if you’re heading out to the lake!   :thumbsup: 

Hope everyone had an enjoyable day yesterday however you chose to spend it.  We had a nice time here yesterday, different than how we’ve normally spent it but it worked out just fine.
  Going to try the trout stream a little later on and see if I can coax one or two for the frying pan.
  Down to the Final Four now, two excellent performances yesterday and a huge win for #11 seed North Carolina State sending Duke home. Looking forward to the April 6th games and the Championship match on April 8th.
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4606 on: Apr 01, 2024, 05:41 PM »
                                                                                                  SKUNKED  :(

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4607 on: Apr 02, 2024, 05:41 AM »
34* and clear, nice sunrise!

WW, well, you got that out of the way, it's only going to get better, OR, was an April fools joke!

Well, the meds got here about 8:30 yesterday morning. They have her on prednisone and ribavirin. She slept a lot yesterday. I know she had a couple coughing spells during the night as I wake up for them. She did say that she thought she felt better last night.

Eddie, hope you found some fish. I saw a couple cars parked along East Stoney over in Hope Falls. NC State is looking pretty good, that Burns Jr. is a "tank". I have been watching quite a few NHL games.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4608 on: Apr 02, 2024, 06:35 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....glad the meds FINALLY arrived, hope they do the trick   ;)2

Eddie.....sometimes we have to change tradition to adapt to life  :-\  hope you had better luck than us yesterday  :whistle:

IW.....the Easter buffet sounds great, no prep/cooking/clean up  :thumbsup:

IFF.....last eye exam I heard the cataract word too :o  also decided to wait a bit

Tough day on the lake, 7 hours never had a hit  :pinch:  didn't see any action in the other boats around either  :unsure:  east wind switched to the north, guess it must be pretty chilly up there still, sure got cold quick, not to mention bumpy  :wacko:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4609 on: Apr 02, 2024, 06:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Party cloudy and 34*, high of 42 with rain moving in this afternoon.

H2…glad your wife’s prescription arrived yesterday am, hope it is effective!   :clap:  I ended up taking a pass on the fishing yesterday afternoon, my wife and I had some grandparent duties to take care…grandchildren are off from school. Heading out shortly though!!  ;D.
  Wally…sorry about the skunk, thought maybe it was going to be a double digit day for you! I see next Monday is supposed to be warm and sunny again…maybe an “ Eclipse “ trip?? Don’t forget  :flex: :thumbsup:

My sons got out for a little Opening Day fishing yesterday after work. Seemed to be more fishermen around than fish in the afternoon with the 50* temps. They both had a couple hits but didn’t land anything….streams were actually running pretty low and clear. EnCon were out and about doing their job and it sounds like they got skunked also..no tickets issued!  ;D
  Speaking of tickets, the POWERBALL jackpot is now up to $1.1 Billion, might be worth throwing a few bucks at it. I’m still hoping to have the winning numbers and charter a private 747 for the 945’ers. Destination(s) to be determined, but we got to pick Dave up in the Great White North first and checkout the cabin.    :whistle:   Cawfee’s still hot….

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4610 on: Apr 02, 2024, 09:26 AM »
Good morning ER’s. WW bummer on the skunk, I didn’t venture out at all, just taking a break from putting cover on boat

Looks like this area has more than just a rainy season, but also a windy season, has choice’s of what to throw at me.   Sure has turned humid, Mister Muggy may be homesteading awhile

See someone captured the mega millions jackpot up New Jersey way. Will most likely fireup the smoker in the coming days. That about it from my hill.  Now for some of Eddie’s coffee

Take care
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4611 on: Apr 02, 2024, 09:25 PM »
 Good evening Happy to see everyone had a nice Easter. Rain has ended for the moment and 44 outside more rain forecast for Wednesday and Thursday. Locally a fire this past Sunday night in City of Newburgh has left 33 people homeless (three of them infants) Thankfully nor serious injuries to anyone. The call was received around 9:30 PM when firefighters arrived building already engulfed in flames and spreading to neighboring buildings. Fire department's efforts to fight the fire hampered by the fact that water supply pipes in this section of the city have a smaller diameter due to their age. Additional crews called in lines run from several blocks away to fire scene last crew left site around 7 AM on Monday. The fire is under investigation as it started in an abandoned building.
I spent a quite easter at home been having trouble sleeping of late and trying to make the switch from being up overnight to being awake on Sunday afternoon or other daylight hours is always a struggle for me. I did have a surprise visitor one of my neighbors stopped by with a plate of food from their easter celebration.

Hunt2long glad your wife's new medications arrived as others have said may they help her get over the Covid. nice that your girls handled the easter dinner for the two of you.
Wallyworld sorry you were visited by the striped kitty may you next outing have better results.
Eddie nice to read that the family enjoy the easter celebration. may you have found some interested trout this morning. the rain/snow may lower stream water temperatures and clarity will change from run-off and any melting snow.  may your son's have better results on their next outing. Good to read the state is out enforcing the fishing regulations and rules.
IFF did your doctor mention any time to have the cataract surgery or leave it up to you and together you will monitor your vision. I know many people have to wait for surgery from date a cataract is first discovered in one or both eyes.
Fish/hunt4ever glad you had enough fish left for a dinner. may things be good at your work place and no traveling be in your near future.
Raquettedacker nice to see a post from you if your employer sold easter plants/flowers may everything be gone now from the greenhouses. best wished for you and your coworkers as you prepare for the Spring planting season. also best wished with any fishing and the annual camping trip with the "Loser" friends.
OldSailor.Whopper Stopper may both of you gentlemen and your families Easter's have been good ones.

Keep safe,stay healthy. best wished to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4612 on: Apr 03, 2024, 04:58 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 33* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                          Wally.............I'm sorry that you and Mr. WW got Skunked. :%$#!:
                          Eddie.............It's good that your son's got some hits.  :thumbsup: I know they work for the same company but are they on the same crew? ???
                          Bud...............You have been in Tennessee for what two years now, well off and on, you haven't figured the weather yet. :whistle:
                          H2l................I'm glad that the meds finally arrived and your wife is feeling a little better. :thumbsup:
                          Steve.............I would haver thought that the city of Newburgh would have increased the water main with the increase of homes in the area. :blink:
                          Fish...............It's time to go and replenish you freezer with fish. :whistle:
                          Yesterday a friend from hunting camp and I took a ride up to Malone, NY to visit two other friends from hunting camp, they were pulling Taps from their
                 sugar bush, 2800 taps. They also gave us a tour of the sugaring process, they just bought a new all stainless evaporator. It runs on fuel oil. Quite impressive.
                          I have an early therapy appointment this morning. Oh 18+ inches is forecasted for my area.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4613 on: Apr 03, 2024, 06:06 AM »
38* and cloudy, some light rain.

IW, glad you got to visit the sugar bush, sounds like they have a nice set-up. How was their season? Can't wait for "spring" to end so I can put the snowblower away.

Eddie, I bought my ticket yesterday. GOOD LUCK!

The wife seems to be doing better, although she said it could just be the 40 mg of prednisone she is taking for 3 days.

WW, early season can be tough fishing, it only gets better.

Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4614 on: Apr 03, 2024, 06:51 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....sure hope the weatherman is over guessing those snow totals  :o  :%$#!:

H2L....fingers crossed while the prednisone is taking the edge off the other med is doing the rest of the work to clear the virus  ;)

Eddie.....not sure I would want to be on the lake Monday if all the "mob" forecasts turn out to be true  :wacko:

IFF.....seems there's been more wind than usual around here too  >:(  please let MrMuggy know he isn't wanted up north  :nono:

MrC.....kudos to your neighbor for sharing their dinner with you  :bow: :thumbsup:  working the graveyard shift is definitely tough on one's sleeping habits  :blink:

Wind, rain, freezing rain and snow on tap  ::)  I hope summer isn't as crazy as winter & spring  :unsure:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4615 on: Apr 03, 2024, 09:36 PM »
Good evening,40 and rain has stopped for the moment forecast calling for rain overnight with possible snow or Wintry mix during early morning hours on Thursday. Talked with my sister earlier and we decided to cancel our planed lunch meeting tomorrow. Both of our areas under a wind advisory until tomorrow evening. Also a flood alert in places. This maybe of interest to some of you there was an article on my local newspaper's website yesterday about proposed DEC regulation change concerning the hunting/trapping of Coyotes. If approved any coyote over fifty pounds would have to be submitted for DNA testing to make sure it is not a wolf. back in 2021 a wolf was killed in the Cooperstown, NY. area .They are listed as an endangered species here in NY. with no hunting allowed for them. The DEC wants to protect whatever wolf population is present in NY. The article originally appeared in the Elmira Star -Gazette a Chris Porter is writer. I will leave a link in this post.
Ice wanderer may today's therapy if it was not cancel have gone well for you. Nice that you got to visit with some of the "Maine " hunting camp friends. Did they give you a sample of their finished syrup. One would assume that as the city of Newburgh grew in size and population changes were made to the water supply system to met growing need and maintain pressure with-in the system. But i have found logical thought and government do not always go hand in hand. May you not be facing the clearing of a foot or more of snow when this storm ends sometime tomorrow.
hunts2long glad the prednisone is helping your wife, ditto Wallyworld's words.
Wallyworld agree being on a different time schedule does present problems at times glad I'm not on rotating shifts like some jobs. We can only hope "normal" weather patterns will be in the Northeast later this Spring and Summer.
Eddie may you have won something in the Powerball drawing.

here is a link to Elmira Star-Gazette's website  https://www.stargazette.com Article titled Wolf or Coyote on website's home page.

May all in the Northeast and else where dealing with bad weather get through it with no major problems.
   Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4616 on: Apr 04, 2024, 05:47 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             This is my third attempt to post, My power went out two time while trying to post so I'm going to leave it at that for now.
                   I check in later.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4617 on: Apr 04, 2024, 06:08 AM »
Morning all,

IW......hope the power stays on now  :-\ 

MrC.....good idea postponing lunch today  :thumbsup:

Eddie......did you sneak back in the garden again  ??? :nono: :woot:

We're back to winter again, a couple inches of wet sloppy snow on the ground and still falling  :%$#!: power went out for a bit when the winds were howling yesterday afternoon, MrWW was out with FD for quite awhile dealing with downed trees/power lines, this morning it's flooded basement calls  :(
The deer aren't going to be happy about this  :'(

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4618 on: Apr 04, 2024, 06:11 AM »
30* 3 or 4 inches on the ground and still coming down, lets hope the wind doesn't pick up.

IW, last nights weather report showed more wind over your way. Lot of snow in the trees right now.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4619 on: Apr 04, 2024, 06:52 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  30* with steady snow falling here, high of 37. Tape measured 7 inches of snow so far on my stairs. Weather guessers had my area in the 8-12” range last evening.

Jeff…hope the power stays on and be careful not hurt that wing with the snow removal Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…I give you my word, I didn’t put one step into the garden!  ;D.  Hope Mr.WW has an easier day today and no issues with your power. Ughh….is that the apple tree laying down??  :woot:
   H2…the trees and power lines are definitely holding snow right now, some of the limbs on the big pines here are touching the ground again. Be careful with the snow removal Sir!  :thumbsup:

Just heading out for the first round with the snowblower, will check back later to see how everyone is doing….Cawfee’s on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.