The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: The New Jiffy E6 Lightning 10"  (Read 2518 times)

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
The New Jiffy E6 Lightning 10"
« on: Dec 10, 2018, 12:40 PM »
I got to use my new Jiffy E6 Lightning 10" auger yesterday, and that thing is awesome! No more having to worry about which side it's sitting on so the oil doesn't run down into the cylinder, or mixing fuel. Of course the ice was only 6" thick, but it sure cut fast. The reverse worked good for cleaning the holes too. Almost no scooping at all. It had lots of charge left, but like I said the ice was only 6", and the temp was close to 40. I can guarantee you it's probably all I'll be using from here on. As far as I'm concerned I would definitely recommend it to my buddies. One of them is already cussing me!

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: The New Jiffy E6 Lightning 10"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2018, 02:17 PM »
Thanks for the quicky review. Please keep us posted throughout the season cause I'm interested in going electric some day as well and since I have 2-8", 1-9", and 2-10" drills that are jiffy, I'll probably get the E6 power head if reviews are good. My 10" drills are stx and I'm wondering why the E6 doesn't come equipped with the stx? Maybe to keep cost down? The main thing that concerns me is that in late season I may have to drill 15-20, 10" holes through 30+" of ice. The other is that I need to be able to over lap holes. Since the E6 uses the regular jiffy ripper blades I'm assuming overlapping should not be a problem. Any warranty on the battery/powerhead?
It must be something in the water.

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: The New Jiffy E6 Lightning 10"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2018, 02:28 PM »
I'll try overlapping some holes next trip just to see. It's pretty early ice here.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.