Author Topic: Artic Fire Tip Up light  (Read 4954 times)

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Artic Fire Tip Up light
« on: Apr 10, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Has anyone used the Frabil Artic Fire tip up lights with success? I am thinking about buying of few of these for next season. Are they reliable and visable from a distance?

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Artic Fire Tip Up light
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2007, 08:55 PM »
Nephew, had three of the clip on Frabil Artic Fire lights, worked good, most of the time!   ::)   I've never seen a base mount Frabil Artic Siren, outside of the store on the ice!  Heard the rumor, their not wroth the  money!   ???

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2007, 10:25 PM »
I use the arctic fire lights and have never had a problem. Very easy to use - unlike the HT clip on. You have to bend and reshape the HT so it doesn't keep going off on it's own.

The Frabil siren is useless. I bought one as a gimmic to try and it is a horrible design.

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2007, 01:49 PM »
I got five of them this past fall, and think they are one of the best investments I've made in awhile. The flashing lights are bright and the siren is loud. It did take some adjusting, in the shed, to determine the best spot to mount them so they whould always trip.
In fairness, I have only used them on polar therm tipups, there might be mounting problems with other styles of tipups.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2007, 09:18 PM »
I've been told.   :-\   The pin on a string idea, doesn't work well, in freezing condition's.   ???

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2007, 07:40 AM »
I fished some pretty nasty conditions this past season and really didn't have any problems with the "pin on a string" freezing up on me. My problem with the stringy thingy is that the clip needs to be hooked on the flag at the exact correct spot or it will prevent the flag from tripping.
I'll also say that if all I did was use tipups, and was constantly watching my flags I wouldn't bother with them. But, when I'm jig fishing in the shack with a couple tipups in the same area, they sure are nice.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2007, 08:30 PM »
Good point, Byron/PA!   :-\

Offline hrlevi1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2008, 09:16 AM »
I have 5 lights for the Frabill Artic tip up.  This is the best thing I've found for night ice fishing.  They are easy to attach and unattach (when day break comes).  Furthermore, when the tipup has been tripped they can be seem very well.  I will not fish in the dark with out them.  The best thing about them is that they are easy to attach the the flag.  Just press them on and they are there to stay.  When it get to be daylight just pull them off.  No problems at all.  The best way I found to use them is to place the light behind the flag so when it is flashing it shows throught the flag and illuminates it. 

Just my thoughts...

DF

HenryDavid

« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2008, 03:13 PM »
Can anyone elaborate on how these attach to your tip-up, I just aquired some new Jack Traps and I don't want to modify them or mess them up, what's the set-up like, never used one before, thanx.

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:03 PM »
I have Jack traps too and i had to tape my lights to the flag shaft. a bit of a pain but they are bright when they go off.

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2008, 06:57 PM »
i tape my as well

Offline icecruiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2008, 07:58 PM »
So people have used them on jack traps?  Good to know. 

Which Jack's?  I have big bobs and standards, I find the long flag on the big bob doesn't have the same strength when it pops up and wondering if it mattered. 

John

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2008, 05:17 AM »
I have standard jack traps, you just have to keep the light low on the flag shaft right above the stick so they dont flop

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2008, 07:07 AM »
I have the lil' shiner tip up light, these came with the 1671 Pro-Thermal Tip-Up.  I have used them several times, on various tip ups.   No problems at all.  Can see them a "mile" away.  Wouldn't fish at night without them !!  They clip on to a wire flag, but I'd imagine you would have to tape them on to a thinner spring steel flag.

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2008, 07:22 AM »
I actually bought 5 new frabill's tip ups with the lights at bass pro early this season. Pretty happy with them. The cost me $7.50 per tip up ;D The lights require 2 batteries. I had to replace one of them because I left the light on. The batteries $3.50 a piece :o. Don't leave the lights on :D

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2008, 07:25 AM »
I actually bought 5 new frabill's tip ups with the lights at bass pro early this season. Pretty happy with them. The cost me $7.50 per tip up ;D The lights require 2 batteries. I had to replace one of them because I left the light on. The batteries $3.50 a piece :o. Don't leave the lights on :D

Yep, got mine the same way.   Great buy.   Only wish I would have gotten more of them !!

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 20, 2008, 08:28 PM »

They are on clearance here for 2 bucks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.