Author Topic: Wire  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Jangus

• IceShanty Rookie
Wire
« on: Dec 26, 2005, 07:26 PM »
I recently got some cheap steel leader material to make quick-strike rigs and I found the it gets bent (creased) very easily.  So I'm looking for a new material that will not do that so easily.  Would the tyger tie-able stuff prevent that?

Also, coated or uncoated?
Craving ice...

Offline Jangus

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Wire
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2005, 06:51 PM »
interesting
Craving ice...

Offline mike upton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2005, 08:43 PM »
Jangus,
On my pike traps I tied 35# tyger wire, which was coated, and it ties like 40lb flouro leader.  just use a couple drops of superglue on the knot at both ends.  I will say that I have noticed more flags, not necessarily more hook-ups with flouro, could have been the day, I like to think it was because that flouro disappears in the water.  All I fish for is pike, and didn't have a cut line last year.  50lb flouro, still use the superglue.  and tie 4 or 5 extra leaders.  A big fish will cut it up, but like I said, I haven't had one cut off.  Good Luck.
Upton

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2005, 10:12 PM »
Jangus, go to this site. You will not find better stronger or thinner leader material that virtually wont kink or bend. Trust me.

http://tackledirect.com/malinboanokink.html
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.