Author Topic: New Fleet Farm Ice Catalog  (Read 1692 times)

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
New Fleet Farm Ice Catalog
« on: Dec 01, 2021, 08:32 AM »
The new fleet Farm ice catalog came out online this morning. Zero coupons, zero deals, just MSRP on everything. I can understand why with supply and demand but it’s still a huge disappointment.

Offline Gator800r

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Fleet Farm Ice Catalog
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2021, 08:48 AM »
They will only have 1/4 of the stuff listed instock in the store. Fleet farms empty shelves were terrible before Covid and it’s only gotten worse now. Sucks because it use to be a great store.

Offline Reginald Bonz III

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2021, 09:00 AM »
They had a 7.5 inch k drill for $159, normally $199. Go to check out and they won't ship it because it's against store policy. I said "are you kidding me" "you can get a car delivered to your house".  SO I found it on L&M supply for same price. Free shipping and NO Tax.  It will be here Friday.  I also ordered a new Dewalt Hammer Drill to go with and they sent me a 1 inch chuck hammer drill for drilling through concrete walls.  NOT Impressed.
Keep those holes clean and smooth

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2021, 09:16 AM »
I ran into the same prob with them a couple years ago. Something sure has changed there, and it's not for the better. I understand the empty shelves, when the merch is floating in a boat outside San Diego, but no shipping?!  :blink:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2021, 09:18 AM »
you need to shop around for deals, slim pickings out there.  was looking for frostee spoons and they were over MSRP  or out of stock.  Ebay was insane, outright gauging.  Anyways,  5 google search pages in, found some obscure shop, got most of my stuff, just had to spend over $50 go get free shipping.  Also, using craigslist or FB marketplace are a good alternative for deals. 

Offline Jimbow11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2021, 09:47 AM »
I was at the Fleet Farm in Plymouth, WI yesterday and they have ZERO ice fishing stuff out yet. I asked about it and the associate said "oh yeah, we have that all in the back yet."

The store has become completely useless.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2021, 10:23 AM »
you need to shop around for deals, slim pickings out there.  was looking for frostee spoons and they were over MSRP  or out of stock.  Ebay was insane, outright gauging.  Anyways,  5 google search pages in, found some obscure shop, got most of my stuff, just had to spend over $50 go get free shipping.  Also, using craigslist or FB marketplace are a good alternative for deals.

Free ship over $25

https://www.lurenet.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=frostee
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2021, 10:24 AM »
I was at the Fleet Farm in Plymouth, WI yesterday and they have ZERO ice fishing stuff out yet. I asked about it and the associate said "oh yeah, we have that all in the back yet."

The store has become completely useless.

I'da asked 'em if I could shop "in back".... ;)

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2021, 10:38 AM »
They run those catalogs seasonally and list MSRP for everything, doesn't mean there won't be deals on certain items.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2021, 10:44 AM »
I believe Reeds and Marine General do the MSRP catalog ..lots of times the catalogs have items that never appear online and/or in store . 
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2021, 11:29 AM »
I think it's simple manufactures know they will sell there product. Why sell at a sale price. I get it I like a deal to. A good friend is a Mom and Pop bait shop they said they are slowly putting stuff out because it's going out as fast as they can stock but once it's gone nothing to bring people back in except for bait they ordered 20% over what they did last year and only got 70 % sent with nothing else coming again until next year. Sad deal.

Offline 79rac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2021, 04:02 PM »
First post!  I just ordered my first ever item from Fleet Farm.  It was an Eskimo 949i and it was $40 cheaper than anywhere else I saw online and they shipped it to Idaho for free with no tax.  Good deal in my book.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2021, 10:29 PM »
I think it's simple manufactures know they will sell there product. Why sell at a sale price. I get it I like a deal to. A good friend is a Mom and Pop bait shop they said they are slowly putting stuff out because it's going out as fast as they can stock but once it's gone nothing to bring people back in except for bait they ordered 20% over what they did last year and only got 70 % sent with nothing else coming again until next year. Sad deal.

Retailers can still offer deals…they just cut into the insane margins that they have.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2021, 10:50 PM »
Deals get you in the door or on their site to buy stuff. Especially if they can get you into the brick and mortar store, if their in store special is out of stock you might still spend some money on something else. It's all calculated.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2021, 11:36 PM »
Deals get you in the door or on their site to buy stuff. Especially if they can get you into the brick and mortar store, if their in store special is out of stock you might still spend some money on something else. It's all calculated.

I hate leaving empty handed.  That's how they get me.  ;D  Even if I had to buy a bag of chips.  I always go looking for clearance stuff. 

Last year they had all these HUK clothing at 80-90% off but MSRP on them were like over $400 on tags.  So the rain top was still close to $100 and then you still need the bottom, but I didn't look.  Guess what happened when I went fishing and almost every time it was raining on me.  Curses.  LOL.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Winds-of-Thor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 02, 2021, 07:46 AM »
Bad news on no deals. The good news is we probably already have 10X what we need.  ;)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Dec 02, 2021, 08:28 AM »
I don't even go there anymore. it's way on the other end of town (12 miles) and they are outta everything and won't ship free. No way am I doing a 25 mile round trip for nuttin'. Fortunatley, I'm pretty good with making do with what I have...never was one to buy the latest and greatest junk.  >:(

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 02, 2021, 09:05 AM »
I grabbed a stock of rapalas at 30% off on Black Friday. I was in WI for the holidays, was lucky to get to fleet farm at all.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2021, 08:27 AM »
Just got this in my Inbox.....free standard shipping...but over $65...we'd talked about the no shipping fiasco a bit ago.  Use the code, guys, before it's too late!    :)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Dec 03, 2021, 09:27 AM »
bump

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 03, 2021, 09:48 AM »
I got a coupon last night for $10 off a $50 or more purchase. Valid Dec 6-12. Use code Holiday211.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.