The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Swan pond lyman access  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Perley57

• IceShanty Rookie
Swan pond lyman access
« on: Jan 17, 2020, 07:19 PM »
The Maine lakes and ponds guide says access on Oscar Littlefield Rd does anyone have any good info and if so how's the fishing never tried this pond thanks

Offline Fishin_Addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Swan pond lyman access
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Unfortunately there is no public boat launch and no public access.

Offline Kourcha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2020, 08:39 PM »
No person on foot shall be denied access or egress over unimproved land to a great pond except that this provision shall not apply to access or egress over the land of a water company or a water district when the water from the great pond is utilized as a source for public water.   [PL 1973, c. 530, §2 (NEW).]
The Attorney General shall, upon complaint of a person being denied said access or egress, if in his judgment the public interest so requires, prosecute criminally or civilly any person who denies such right of access or egress.   [PL 1973, c. 530, §2 (NEW).]
Any person may maintain an action in the Superior Court having jurisdiction where the alleged denial of access or egress occurred or is likely to occur for declaratory and equitable relief and actual and punitive damages against any person, partnership, corporation or other legal entity for any violations of this section.   [PL 1973, c. 530, §2 (NEW).]
Whoever violates this section shall be punished by a fine of not more than $100 and by imprisonment for not more than 90 days.   [PL 1973, c. 530, §2 (NEW).]
SECTION HISTORY
PL 1973, c. 530, §2 (NEW).

Offline Fishin_Addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2020, 07:02 AM »
Yes the great ponds act states that you may walk across unimproved land. So does that mean that if there is a camp or home you must walk across an area that does not have a camp or building?

Offline Kourcha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2020, 08:12 AM »
I believe that's correct I'm not sure but I think the state defines unimproved land as without a building, obviously don't walk across someone's camp or backyard , and make sure to secure legal parking either get permission to park in someone's lot or find a spot you can legally park off the public rd

Offline Fishin_Addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2020, 08:23 AM »
Ok that's exactly the way I was thinking about it as well. As long as you are respectful of the way you go about it and get permission to park.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.