The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: HT Nero Auger  (Read 503 times)

Offline IceMan42569

• IceShanty Rookie
HT Nero Auger
« on: Jan 18, 2020, 09:11 AM »
I work for LL Bean and just recently picked up one of these at the E Store for $10.  I have an older Dewalt 18v drill to use with it but I haven't got to try it yet.  Does anyone out there have any experience with this setup?  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: HT Nero Auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2020, 09:32 AM »
I've been using a 6" nero since last season, great auger...  I just got the new 8" last week, it's just as smooth as the 6"... I'm spinning them with a 2704 Milwaukee, 30 or so holes drilled this morning so far with the 8". I don't use the handle and adapter they come with though, just a kovak adapter and the Milwaukee drill handle.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2020, 09:33 AM »
Although I don't have the Nero I have its cousin the HT E-Drill ..with a similar side handle ..which I don't like ..I like the handle on the my Mil 2804 drill ..bull by the horns control . On another note the drill you have may give you several problems ..Ni Cad battery ..not so good in the cold ..low AH battery ..not so good overall .. and your older drill may be under torqued ..be careful on glare ice with that set up as the drill unit does not have a center point . Cordless drill and auger set up are a learning curve ..take your time to get to know/love your set up . good Luck with your purchase.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline IceMan42569

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2020, 07:47 AM »
Thanks guys.  I'm going to try it out on the pond across the street just to see how the old Dewalt works.  But I have a feeling it may be time to upgrade my drill!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2020, 08:07 AM »
Thanks guys.  I'm going to try it out on the pond across the street just to see how the old Dewalt works.  But I have a feeling it may be time to upgrade my drill!

For the spec you are looking for a Brushless..side handle ..725 in/lbs or more ..4 ah batteries or more .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.