Author Topic: Wilderness Systems Kayak Flexpod For Electronics on ice.  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Matt_Perch

• IceShanty Rookie
If any of you guys are kayak fisherman here and love ice fishing too, heres a good tip, when my kayak is stored for the winter, i take the removable electronics console ans use it for my graph, if the transducer is small enough, there is no need to detach it and drop it seperately down the hole, simply drill 2 holes next to eachother and let the flex pod sit on top of the hole, as long as the Xducer has contact with the water this will work fine, and the beam will be wide enough to read your jig in the hole next to it. i use a Garmin Echomap 43DV and a 12 volt 7AH alarm panel battery.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Wilderness Systems Kayak Flexpod For Electronics on ice.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2019, 05:25 PM »
shappell 3000, how do you like it? i have one, but i like the flip over more so i haven't used my 3000 for years. would be good to sleep on ice with being it has a floor.

how's the ir on the garmin?

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2019, 08:49 PM »
It's actually my shappell 3000, hes my buddy and I took him fishing that day. Love the shappell, its awesome and keeps you out of the wind. It isn't super warm, but works well enough with a heater going.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2019, 12:02 AM »
keeps your feet off the ice so they stay warmer. watch out for micro spikes or their knock offs on that floor. i made some wind bars for mine. one for the backside and one for the front side. i can hang things from them like light strips and spoons and gloves and towels.

i keep a heater in the middle of the two hatches. i also drilled holes in each corner so i can use ice anchors inside and not worry about it blowing me away opening a door or when i am away from it. i also add an ice anchor for the pull rope outside if i'm not using them inside on less windy days. i like to bank the snow/ice shavings up where the hatches are to reduce light and wind and do the same on the ends to keep wind from blowing under the floor and into the fishing space. i added the shappell skies to mine. keeps it from plowing snow when you don't need a smitty ski.
 the bungee will rot out, but it's easy to replace.

the pole joints liked to freeze up so i would have to warm them with my hand to get them apart.

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2019, 12:09 AM »
Yep its definitely a solid shanty setup. As for the garmin, I was using my Marcum LX7 next to his unit and had no issues with interference on both units. That being said, I don't know how it would work next to other brands.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2019, 12:12 AM »
would did you think of the garmin?

Offline Matt_Perch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2019, 06:38 PM »
would did you think of the garmin?

the garmin is great for jigging, reads perfect, i use it for vertical drop shotting on the kayak all the time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.