Author Topic: HAS ANYONE BEEN TO ECHO THIS WEEK ?  (Read 2068 times)

Offline JIG MASTER77

• IceShanty Rookie
HAS ANYONE BEEN TO ECHO THIS WEEK ?
« on: Feb 04, 2006, 09:55 AM »
ANY LUCK FOR WALLEYE THERE I'VE BEEN CATCHING PERCH IN 30 TO 40 FEET OF WATER BUT WE ONLY PULLED OUT 1 WALLEYE IN THE WHOLE DAY. IN THE HUNT FOR THE WALLEYE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT ( WHAT DEPTH AND WHERE SHOULD I TRY THIS TIME OF THE YEAR  ???

teatot

Re: HAS ANYONE BEEN TO ECHO THIS WEEK ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2006, 08:50 AM »
Well Jigmaster I can report that Echo produced about 80 decent perch on saturday for 4 of us.I personally limited out but it took me all day to do it.We arrived at about ten and started to catch almost immediately and it was on and off all day.We were on the far west end of echo by the river mouth,one of us caught one small walleye the rest were 8-10" perch,not great but I'm sure the jumbo can't be far away.We were in anywhere from 12-22' feet of water,the perch were definetly there so we didn't try any deeper,maybe we should of but why move if your catching?Later-Teapot

Offline JIG MASTER77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2006, 12:16 PM »
Well Jigmaster I can report that Echo produced about 80 decent perch on saturday for 4 of us.I personally limited out but it took me all day to do it.We arrived at about ten and started to catch almost immediately and it was on and off all day.We were on the far west end of echo by the river mouth,one of us caught one small walleye the rest were 8-10" perch,not great but I'm sure the jumbo can't be far away.We were in anywhere from 12-22' feet of water,the perch were definetly there so we didn't try any deeper,maybe we should of but why move if your catching?Later-Teapot
HEY THANKS FOR THE REPLY TEAPOT, IAM MY USER NAME WAS RINGO7777 I'VE TALK TO YOU BEFORE ON HERE.ANYWAYS WE WENT TO LONG LAKE ON SUNDAY AND CAUGHT I COUPLE WALLEYES AND 1 JACK. THERE WERE LOTS OF WALLEYES AND JACKS,PERCH ON THE SCREEN BUT STILL AREN'T BITING HOPE THEY COME IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS ? KEEP YOUR HOOKS IN THE WATER SEE YA !!!!!!!!!!

Offline nighttime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2006, 01:12 AM »
can any one give me directions on how to get on the ice at echo? ???
Forced to work born to PLAY

teatot

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:32 AM »
Thanks Jigmaster for the reply,so I see the dead sea is still holding up to it's name.It is good news that you were marking lots though,maybe it's just a matter of time until they start biting.Do you mind saying where you were on Long Lake,I normally fish that lake as well and was just curious.Talk to you again-Teapot

teatot

« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:36 AM »
can any one give me directions on how to get on the ice at echo? ???
[/
quote]
    Nightime; I can tell you we went on at the northwest corner by the reserve gas station.Turn in about 1 block east of the gas station and follow the trail through the field and onto the lake.I'm sure they must be getting on at Basata Point which is by the fish hatchery on the south shore line of echo?

Offline cbelsh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2006, 10:34 AM »
Where by the river mouth--were you out from the school? Where were you in conjunction to the two ice shacks out there????

Offline cbelsh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2006, 10:34 AM »
I was there friday and only caught 4 and I was in the same general area as you are mentioning..thats why I am wondering where roughly you are speaking of?

teatot

« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2006, 02:08 PM »
Where by the river mouth--were you out from the school? Where were you in conjunction to the two ice shacks out there????
The two shacks that were there we were right between the two eventually ending up beside the unfinished one,that's the difference that a day can make.

Offline EYEZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2006, 11:21 PM »
I went out to the same area on Feb.7.  Caught 17 pearch in the bucket.  Nice size.  Very light bighters.  We finally started catching fish about 3p.m with hauger spoons with the hooks 3 inches below tipped with minnow heads and pearch eyes.  I started using the line on my finger for sensitivity, they were right on the bottom and very light bites.  We stayed in 2 holes as the wind was insane.  Right around 5:00 they started taking off like fireworks on the flasher.  When I filleted them they were full of eggs.
Cool site
Eyez

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2006, 11:52 PM »
where ya'll fishing im fishing in the northeast part of the lake and only caught a large perch i was snowmobiling around the lake on my xlt and noticed that there were alot of people by the b-say-tah point what is biting there? had some pike action by the fort san beach in a huge weedbead but i only have a 6inch augar so i had to cut the line once and the others shook the hook off. havent caught any walleye this winter very disappionted and how much does the ice usually shift in 2 hours becaus im fairly new at this and i broke through the ice in 4 places over on pasqua snowmobiling but that might be because there are lots of springs??? im using plain j-hooks with minoes and crawler harnesses with minoes they work nice what other hooks are good and would a cheap tip-up be worth buying? any info would be great im going fishing next weekend with some friends and we have mini tournys so i want to win there is a lunch at A&W on the line  please help. :tipup: :bow: :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.