Author Topic: Jet sled set-up  (Read 16227 times)

Offline Nor Easter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just an old coot takin a Li'l Crappie on the ice
Re: Jet sled set-up
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 09:40 PM »
But the best addition was downhill skis.
I just grabbed some free downhills for my new this last season Otter. I had a complete shanty on skis one time that a dog could haul over good ice.

Until we get 4 wheelers.
I have both, 4wheeler and snowmobile. It's still good advice and it protects the sleds from asphalt when crossing roads or rocks getting to-fro on the lakes.

Keep the plastic off the 'ground'.
Caveat Emptor et cum grano salis
I enjoy helping people out,,, which way did you come in?

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009, 05:26 AM »
Not compartmentalized? This is what I came up with...

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2009, 08:14 AM »
But the best addition was downhill skis.
 and it protects the sleds from asphalt when crossing roads or rocks getting to-fro on the lakes.

Keep the plastic off the 'ground'.
Never have that problem up here!   almost be a blessing to see some asphalt  in the jan - march time frame  lol!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2009, 07:34 AM »
Not compartmentalized? This is what I came up with...
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
thats awesome bart, you got my wheels turning now!!!
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 08:47 PM »
Oh yeah, that is really neat!  Got my wheels turning as well.  I was wondering what ice fishing project I was going to do this summer, now I have one.  Thanks for sharing!
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jun 01, 2009, 04:55 PM »
Holehawg:
Love the flag  makes it an A+ #1 set up!   maybe we need Iceshanty to make small iceshanty flags that size too!
ya know hazzy ....your right...we need  shanty flags that size.... :thumbsup:

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #36 on: Jun 01, 2009, 11:18 PM »
Sure it isn't one sled for gear, and another sled for beer, Hazzy?
Back in my drinking days, used to half to bring an extra sled for dead bodies. For the guys that thought they could drink a 30 pack too, while ice fishing with me! Great memories! Hey Bart Now you got my sleds & power tools all over the yard, waiting for my mind to think of my next project!  :woot:
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jun 08, 2009, 01:12 PM »

This is what I came up with last year but would still like to find some skis so when the snow is deep it would be easier to pull.
<br />

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jun 19, 2009, 07:32 PM »
That is a slick looking rig. You could have a contest with the ultimate sled mods.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #39 on: Jun 19, 2009, 08:53 PM »
How about a cover for slush and snow all the junk has to fit into it?.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #40 on: Jun 21, 2009, 09:00 AM »
Havent been to this site in about 2 months, but came back to check things out....Bart you definitly got my wife wishing I hadnt come back....the wheels are turning.... 8)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jun 21, 2009, 10:56 AM »
i did this set up this year worked well for me.........(Image removed from quote.)
  That one has got me thinking!

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #42 on: Jun 21, 2009, 12:19 PM »
 I tricked out my ride also using HoleHawgs example as a starter. Kudos HoleHawg. Things are a mess now cuz I`m in the middle of a move from one house to another. Will get sum pics when I`m settled in. Holehawgs design concept was the best of all of them, althou ,everyone seemed to have sum reel good ideas. I chose to model mine after HH`s because it seem very fishable and the center of gravity was low and good for towing at speed or by hand , even thru deep snow. Sum of the designs either didn`t utilize space as well or went vertical to achieve more. With all the snow we got last winter I can see sum yardsale tip-overs with a few of the tallboys. I went too vert with a narrow sled b4 this one and showed up at my spot with half my gear. Never mind the fact that ifya have a rollover , better drill a hole fast to get water for the bait bucket that emptied b4 ya could get it upright!  Pics coming and ty for the ideas guyz!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jun 21, 2009, 06:00 PM »
I tricked out my ride also using HoleHawgs example as a starter. Kudos HoleHawg. Things are a mess now cuz I`m in the middle of a move from one house to another. Will get sum pics when I`m settled in. Holehawgs design concept was the best of all of them, althou ,everyone seemed to have sum reel good ideas. I chose to model mine after HH`s because it seem very fishable and the center of gravity was low and good for towing at speed or by hand , even thru deep snow. Sum of the designs either didn`t utilize space as well or went vertical to achieve more. With all the snow we got last winter I can see sum yardsale tip-overs with a few of the tallboys. I went too vert with a narrow sled b4 this one and showed up at my spot with half my gear. Never mind the fact that ifya have a rollover , better drill a hole fast to get water for the bait bucket that emptied b4 ya could get it upright!  Pics coming and ty for the ideas guyz!
yepper ...it doesnt work too bad ...i'm thinking of making a 2nd sled starting with a bigger otter so i can haul more grub and booze....or i will piggy back the 2 sleds together so when pooley and topher and yo and the boys come up i can carry my share of grub....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #44 on: Jun 21, 2009, 10:10 PM »
Holehawg, I'm with you on this idea..going to get another Jetsled in a larger size and then tote the smaller one behind it.....still got my eyes out for an ATV to tote your gear out on Highland though...and a new set of YakTrax ;)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jun 22, 2009, 01:57 AM »
 I drag 2 jet sleds and a kids sled, it works awesome for moving around from your homebase to go jigging hole to hole! You'll love it!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #46 on: Jun 22, 2009, 07:30 AM »
I have a better idea, I'm getting a second jet sled for my wife. She can use it to make deliveries, such as food, hot drinks, bait as needed, or anything else forgotten at home. Now all I have to do is convince her... ::)
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Jun 22, 2009, 03:50 PM »
if you een think that you may need the second sled just to haul your meager possessions away from the house forever     if she lets you have that much!   lol
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jun 22, 2009, 08:26 PM »
message slightly garbled ....but i got the meaning hazzy.... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline fishman31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jun 24, 2009, 09:24 PM »
I have a better idea, I'm getting a second jet sled for my wife. She can use it to make deliveries, such as food, hot drinks, bait as needed, or anything else forgotten at home. Now all I have to do is convince her... ::)
Now that is a good sled design.  Careful using the angle that the old lady would get some good exercise.  That has always provided mixed results'

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jun 25, 2009, 03:43 AM »
My wife would never go for that. :(
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline jascpa099

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • You don't win friends with salad.
« Reply #51 on: Jul 07, 2009, 01:19 PM »

Post a picture of the shiner she gives you when you tell her of your plan!
God is great; beer is good, and people are crazy!

Offline Nor Easter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just an old coot takin a Li'l Crappie on the ice
« Reply #52 on: Jul 07, 2009, 03:07 PM »
Post a picture of the shiner she gives you when you tell her of your plan!

For some odd reason, I don't think we're talking about 'bait' here...  ;)

Got the framework and downhills now for lifting my Otter onto skis, gotta put it together before the season gets here but after the open season slows... It's a light gauge black tubular steel frame from a set of shelves/entertainment center. It pays to sidewalk shop on trash day... ;)

Going to lift it just enough to ride on the skis on crust, ice and pavement but not too high so when in powder, the toboggan bottom with heavy load will still add buoyancy in deep powder. Also will widen the stance to stop tippiness and also fit the Shappel on top with an easy 'take the shanty or not' shelf. Thinking around 1-1/2" off the ground/ice should do

Will post pics when it comes together.  8)
Caveat Emptor et cum grano salis
I enjoy helping people out,,, which way did you come in?

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #53 on: Jul 24, 2009, 10:36 AM »
Wow. I have used a jett sled for a few yaers and have never done anything to it. I'd better get busy!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jul 29, 2009, 12:33 PM »
I will try to get pictures as soon as I can, have had a lot of comments on how much they like my top i made for my jet sled.

I started by making a 2x2 frame on the top of the self screwed from under sled rail upward into frame. I then added a middle 2x2 support that has legs to the bottom for support. I then have (2) 1/2" plywood Doors on hinges that complete enclose the sled on the top with the 2 doors. Then covered it with black auto carpet. Added about 12lbs and keeps the snow out.

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have Ice Will Fish R.I.P. TH10 3/20/09
« Reply #55 on: Jul 29, 2009, 01:34 PM »
Heres my mod to jet sled XL.I removed the sled on my eskimo quick flip one and then built the wood compartment for tent to mount on. Now i got room to haul all my gear.

I mounted ski's under it and put in rod holders
Bobberstop

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Jul 30, 2009, 12:17 PM »
Heres my mod to jet sled XL.

I mounted ski's under it and put in rod holders

Looks good and I really like the ski's  :laugh:
;

Offline Hard stuff

• Team IceShanty Regular