Author Topic: FUNNY NICKNAMES -  (Read 19679 times)

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
Re: FUNNY NICKNAMES -
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2007, 01:25 PM »
Humpers- People that are fishing near you, or with in site of you, and see that your catching more fish than them, so they come right next to you or your tipups and drill holes and start fishing. God I hate that.
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #31 on: Jan 09, 2007, 02:51 PM »
Varmint-The guys that watch you get the fish and are in your holes the very next morning!!!! :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #32 on: Jan 09, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Well...I have to admit, I was a little pissy typing that.  Started with a "bay owner" up at IGL's.  We had limited time and limited ice.  So there wasn't exactly a plethora of ice or locations to fish.  We walk by this guy..."How you doing..any luck?"  Basically this guy kind of looks at us like "Great...other people wanting to fish today"  He mumbled something and we walked away.  Then we started looking for emergent weed beds...so obviously with white ice, you are going to drill away.  Of couse, my guess is, this guy went out there the day before and found weeds (using "found" losely) the fist hole he drilled and thought he had "figured out" the lake.  Then I realize that the only weeds still standing up are up on the edge a shallow shelf on an inside shoreline turn on the north shore (sun shore)  So, we had to get about maybe 30 yards away from him and started drilling.  What does he do?  unzips the shanty, stares, and shakes his head then zips back up. 

If there is only a 75' line of emergent weeds in a small bay, it's not hard to figure out where the fish are.  And if I'm going to have the choice of drowning minnows or catching fish...even if it means fishing close to someone..that ain't no choice at all.  Difference is, if I was that guy, I would have said that the first time we walked past.  "hey guys how's it going?  Say, theres a nice nice weed line here and all the fish seem to be right out side of it along this crescent shaped drop off.."  How hard is that???  Especially knowing that a guy with a gas drill is going to use it until he finds fish.  Next to you, away from you, whatever.  There was one easy and friction-free way to deal with that...and that's it:  deal with it.  Can't beat em join em...pick your euphemism there are a dozen that apply.  Me sitting there watching a bobber in the same hole all day isn't an option.  Me going home isn't an option.  That was one of 2 frozen bays.  I'm not going to fire up Jiffy to antogonize...but I'm going to run him until I get fish. 

There is no one easier going than me on the ice....that's the purpose.  But I guess if there is one thing that really gets to me is selfish people..or downright surly.  No place for that.   I don't expect everyone to run the bait shop with GPS waypoints and pictures of lures, depths, time of day and hand them out to everyone.  But I've drilled holes for people, loaned bait, jump started cars, shared food & drink...I guess what you don't understand pisses you off the most.  And I don't understand selfish, rude, and pissy anglers.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #33 on: Jan 09, 2007, 03:45 PM »
What do you call a guy who goes fishing with you and every time he "forgets" to bring the whiskey????

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 09, 2007, 03:48 PM »
Funny you ask:  Sponge - guy who soaks you dry.  But you only do that once.  The second time you call him...

On your cell from the shanty...and tell him how good the fish are biting.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #35 on: Jan 09, 2007, 03:49 PM »
Thats a great idea

The bugger works with me and always knows when I'm going.  What do you call that?????

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 09, 2007, 03:51 PM »
Humpers- People that are fishing near you, or with in site of you, and see that your catching more fish than them, so they come right next to you or your tipups and drill holes and start fishing. God I hate that.

Yeah gotta love when that happens, especially during a tourny!
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline The Ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Slime?
« Reply #37 on: Jan 09, 2007, 03:53 PM »
What do you call a guy who goes fishing with you and every time he "forgets" to bring the whiskey????
A woman in transition if he touches my whiskey again... ;D

"Honey, I got something!  You better get the net, it might be a rockbass!  Oh, nevermind, it's just the anchor."
Official First Lady of MIRC - That's why I roll with such a handsome mantourage.
Stuck in the shanty while the kids who misbehave and start fights are allowed to play.

Offline BillP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 09, 2007, 03:54 PM »
what would you call someone who gets his dad to buy everything for him, has a underwater camera but has to have me set it up then forgets it at the cabin everytime we went out >:( has to get someone else to take the frozen fish eye off his hook from the day befor, whines about the wind, says there isnt enough light when he had 3 lanterns and me and my other friend were using moonlight and werent complaining, complains about the minnow smell and wont stay out long enough at night and makes us stay fishing close to the cabin because he doesnt want to waste gas on his sled ??? then complains that he never caught any walleyes, burbot or perch. then he leaves to go snowboarding and me and my other friend go back out farther and find the perch within 15 min. what is one name we can call him, he is a good friend to fish with during the open water season and on warm days on the ice or when we are in a shanty but wont stop complaining. right now we just call him a variety of names, most are too vulgar for the site so i want one name to call him that will make him shut up.

Negative Nancy!
Fishing + Hunting + guitar = MY LIFE!!!!!

Fish on
Bill

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 09, 2007, 07:05 PM »
The bugger works with me and always knows when I'm going.  What do you call that??

Ahhh...beg your pardon.  Didn't realize there were mitigating cicumstances.  In this case, my moniker of choice would be:

Workmans comp claim waiting to happen. 

However, here could be an accord here.  2 holes drilled per shot or 3 perch cleaned...boozers choice.

Offline stuff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 09, 2007, 10:15 PM »
what would you call someone who gets his dad to buy everything for him, has a underwater camera but has to have me set it up then forgets it at the cabin everytime we went out >:( has to get someone else to take the frozen fish eye off his hook from the day befor, whines about the wind, says there isnt enough light when he had 3 lanterns and me and my other friend were using moonlight and werent complaining, complains about the minnow smell and wont stay out long enough at night and makes us stay fishing close to the cabin because he doesnt want to waste gas on his sled ??? then complains that he never caught any walleyes, burbot or perch. then he leaves to go snowboarding and me and my other friend go back out farther and find the perch within 15 min. what is one name we can call him, he is a good friend to fish with during the open water season and on warm days on the ice or when we are in a shanty but wont stop complaining. right now we just call him a variety of names, most are too vulgar for the site so i want one name to call him that will make him shut up.
     LONG DISTANCE

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Jan 11, 2007, 12:00 PM »
Boji, here is one for you..the HERMIT.  And actually, I belong to this group...am the HERMITESS.  Hermits
want to be as far away as possible...undisturbed .  Hermits aren't to be confused with Curmudgeons,
those guys that not only want to be alone, wouldn't give you the time of day.  HERMITS simply like to
fish undisturbed for a little while.  On the flip side, Hermits will give you plenty of space and never
put down a hole in your vicinity.  Like, 50 metres of space. 

Winter is the time of year toward which all that has gone before
seems but a preparation....winter, a quiet acceptance of what is
to come....Sigurd F. Olsen

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 11, 2007, 01:55 PM »
Chocolate Thunder-this guy who like clockwork is in the woods takin his dump every mornin we start to fish  ::)
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline chewster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Hey Dad, it's cold, put another log on the fire"
« Reply #43 on: Jan 11, 2007, 02:18 PM »
An abstainer
The Chewster

Offline mcarolan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 11, 2007, 02:37 PM »
I've been called a lucky w****r and b*****d by my mentor on the numerous occasions I've caught bigger than him but how about:

"Stroker" somebody who nobody wants to be near because he is an anti-social Git

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Jan 11, 2007, 02:44 PM »
I've been called a lucky w****r and b*****d by my mentor on the numerous occasions I've caught bigger than him but how about:

"Stroker" somebody who nobody wants to be near because he is an anti-social Git

The only thing he's caught bigger than his mentor resides at a local watering hole in Downtown Med Hat.

Offline mcarolan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 11, 2007, 02:55 PM »

The only thing he's caught bigger than his mentor resides at a local watering hole in Downtown Med Hat.

Now I'm in trouble but its nice to show him all is not lost!

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:02 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

LOL...great to put a couple of faces to a couple of names...

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:11 PM »
This all coming from someone that is supposed to be working right now.  Must be nice to have a job like that. :)

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:14 PM »
This all coming from someone that is supposed to be working right now.  Must be nice to have a job like that. :)
And you, PS., how come you're so idle at this moment?

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:20 PM »
what about the person that gets all the ice fishing gear but wont take his own fish off???

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:23 PM »
And you, PS., how come you're so idle at this moment?

What do you mean idle!!!!!!!!!  Someone has to yell at the young Grasshopper mcarolan from the other side of the office to get him off the computer and onto some work. :o

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:26 PM »
What do you mean idle!!!!!!!!!  Someone has to yell at the young Grasshopper mcarolan from the other side of the office to get him off the computer and onto some work. :o
  You must be government workers, then....so very very productive.  (I'm one to talk...remember that laundry from yesterday..never did finish it
up!)

Offline mcarolan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:30 PM »

Makes a change for him to be shouting "get some work done" usually it is "put more coffee on" or "damn candy machine swallowed my dollar AGAIN"!

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:33 PM »
  You must be government workers, then....so very very productive.  (I'm one to talk...remember that laundry from yesterday..never did finish it
up!)

Hit the nail on the head there.  Here is a pic of us at work.  PS. I'm the cute one!!!!

Offline littleoldlady

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Hit the nail on the head there.  Here is a pic of us at work.  PS. I'm the cute one!!!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:How convenient...you don't even have to wait to retire to not work..

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #56 on: Jan 12, 2007, 11:12 PM »

Wow what size hole is that 20 inch must be a heck of an auger ;D :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 13, 2007, 05:52 AM »
Home alone -- smoker who always shows up with a partial pack; begins whining when he's down to 10 smokes, and can't stay on the lake after the last one's gone. >:(
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline fishmix

• IceShanty Rookie
  • hardcore fisherman
« Reply #58 on: Jan 13, 2007, 07:07 AM »
ShackB!tch-- the guy who has to do all the cooking so the rest can eat and drink beer and tend to there fishing.

shacks#*t-- the guy who has to take over cooking when the houseb!tch gets a flag. But is relieved when shackb!tch returns. 

Gopher- the youngest in the group that get to GO FOR anything that was forgotten in the car. Have a nice walk or ride. I'll get your flags while your gone.

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 15, 2007, 10:39 PM »
Wow what size hole is that 20 inch must be a heck of an auger ;D :tipup:

Thats what i was wonderin!
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.