Author Topic: Fish goes after flag on tip up!  (Read 740 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fish goes after flag on tip up!
« on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:08 PM »
After a flag and no fish in the trout pond I laid one of my tip ups on the ice while I jigged. A big female brook trout came up, and made a swipe at the bright orange flag that was blowing around on the ice, that she could see through the 3 inch clear ice. Anybody ever have this happen?

I guess I should have had an orange jig on eh?  ;)

Did get a 3 lb. male on the small kastmaster I was using. 
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline The Darkness

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fish goes after flag on tip up!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:35 PM »
You're posting, so that must mean the shanty and you are NOT structure on the bottom.
Good deal!

WORK is that annoying time between FISHING TRIPS

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:43 PM »
You're posting, so that must mean the shanty and you are NOT structure on the bottom.
Good deal!

Chickened out on the shanty. I thought I'd give 'er one more night of cold temps to make the ice just a little bit thicker for the shanty. I may set up the shanty on the trout pond for a long lunch break and be able to see the trout below. There could still be some five pound brook trout in the pond. I may not come back in which is bad as the house payment is coming up fast!
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline JeffreyKrow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2006, 05:45 PM »
Too bad it wasn't on video. Sounds like it would be cool as H3!!.
                                                                               JK

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.