Author Topic: Fly reels  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Tailchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fly reels
« on: Dec 23, 2011, 09:35 AM »

This site on E- Bay has a decent fly reel for pan fishing. I bought some of these last year & I really like them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Fly-Fishing-Reel-Reels-Size-72mm-x-28mm-Sale-/140468700302?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b496448e

Offline icemantwo

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fly reels
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2011, 09:38 AM »
Do they click when you reel them in?  Because that's the one thing that bugs me with most fly reels.
A day without fishing is a day wasted.

Offline crappie15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2011, 09:42 AM »
I was also wandering if they click.

Offline berkleyboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2011, 01:22 PM »
The clicking bugs me too. I went with the Okuma SLV because I can remove the spring. A really nice reel for the money. Not sure if some of the other brands can remove the click?? Does anyone use any other brands that they really like?

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2011, 02:01 PM »
I just bought the LL Bean Streamlight Ultra Large Arbor Fly reel becuase it's very similar to the Okuma SLV Fly reel.  The Streamlight Ultra is sized up a size 1 reel has diameter of 3 3/16".  Clicks both directions and is listed as a 3/4 wt.  I think it is about equal to the Okuma 4/5 wt.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Tailchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2011, 02:29 PM »
These little teflon fly reels have no clicker, & are lt. or rt. hand retrieve. You just reversve the bushing. I also like the large drag knob for cold weather fishing.  I bought some  other style reels last year & they were only right hd. retrieve. For a little over 10.00 they are no okuma, but nicer then the old fashion Schooley's.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2011, 03:31 PM »
for that money i did it.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2011, 04:01 PM »
The clicking bugs me too. I went with the Okuma SLV because I can remove the spring. A really nice reel for the money. Not sure if some of the other brands can remove the click?? Does anyone use any other brands that they really like?
  I just bought a beauty of a flyreel on EBAY.It is all machined aluminum, adjustable drag with clicker, NO CLICKING when reeling in, right or left hand retreive.The entire reel weighs 3 ozs. and a tiny diameter of 2.5 inches.Nicest reel I have found. $49.00.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.