Author Topic: Ice Fishing Chair  (Read 15862 times)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice Fishing Chair
« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2009, 09:03 AM »
That is what is great about ice fishing...this is perfectly acceptable!!
That's why I love it too. Some say I have a way with words. ;)
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline Bellybuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Nov 17, 2009, 10:14 AM »
the tripod chairs that came with the Ice Cube are perfect. Small; yet have enough back support.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
--Stephen Wright

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
« Reply #32 on: Nov 17, 2009, 10:29 AM »
I sat on a tripod chair with back at Cabelas a couple weeks ago, I liked it, but I couldn't see myself paying $29.99 for it. I used cheap camp chairs from wally world last year, I think $6.00 bucks apiece, but 1 broke before season ended, but I liked that it folded up nice and had no arms on the chair, I might make the leap to a tripod this year. Smitty
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
« Reply #33 on: Nov 17, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Tip up fishing in my permanent shack its my comfy webbed lawn chair and a couple pieces of foam padding. Bluegill fishing its a 6 gallon pail with a half moon padded cover. Move around and hole jump to much to need a comfy fancy seat. Fin

Offline needice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Nov 17, 2009, 06:01 PM »
I would have to sacond the vote for the double bull blind chair.Pretty good with the back rest yet still fits good in shanty.Most comfortable tri-pod chair I have tried yet,even my friend who is big sat in it.I was worried,but the chair disappeared when he sat on it :o, he sat in it a while and said "it was pretty good" even for him.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #35 on: Nov 17, 2009, 06:46 PM »

I can take some more if you like.
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Nov 17, 2009, 08:59 PM »
I've been using a fold-up camp chair for the last seven years and have been quite happy with it.It has a back and no side-arms which for me gets in the way of jigging and setting the hook.It also straddles the sled so I can peer in the hole quickly when fishing shallow water when the flasher
shows a fish.Also it folds up so it doesn't take that much space when I'm moving around.

Offline idahopanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Nov 17, 2009, 11:27 PM »
I thought I would share some pic o an idea I came up with this summer.         

Michael
Keep looking to the East
He will be coming in the clouds.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #38 on: Nov 18, 2009, 06:59 AM »
Thanks for the pics RG!
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline H4L

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Nov 18, 2009, 10:44 AM »
If you're looking for something cheap and sturdy, this seat has worked great for me:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/Furniture/FoldingChairsStools/PRD~0680340P/Folding%2BStool%2Bwith%2BBack%2BSupport.jsp

It is light, has extra-thick cushioning, good back support, is compact and folds completely flat so carrying in the sled, on top of your folded hut or even in your hut is easy. Plus I got mine on sale for $9.99.

Since this is a Canadian Store, I tried finding it online in America stores and stores I used to frequent when I loved in Michigan, with no luck.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #40 on: Nov 18, 2009, 12:57 PM »
 I made a seat for a bucket that works great. I just took one of those foam float tubes for kids, split it down the middle, cut it into 14" lengths, hot glued to 3/4" plywood and then covered it with some material. I screwed a length of 2x4 to the underside to keep it from sliding around when I shift my weight. Very comfy. It fits inside the bucket, or I put a rope shoulder strap on it so I can carry my gear in the bucket.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #41 on: Nov 18, 2009, 05:01 PM »
Thanks for the pics RG!
Please let me know if you need any more info. I was looking at the little sled today. I really had fun building it and it's lasted really well.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline The Mole Hole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 03, 2010, 01:04 PM »
Whatever happend to a good ol-fashioned 5 gallon pail?!

Works great for traveling lite.  I prefer a 6 gal bucket due to its height with a padded swivel camo seat on top.  However, when I'm using my Rover I would like a customized boat seat similar to some of the other portable maker's seating.  Looking for the right one.  When I find it I'm going o upgrade my rover.  A little concerned with the added height that the modded seat will add to the portable.
JK USN AWN Retired  

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>:icefish:

Offline The Mole Hole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 03, 2010, 01:11 PM »
I thought I would share some pic o an idea I came up with this summer.         (Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

I love the rod holders.
JK USN AWN Retired  

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>:icefish:

Offline toddyrotten

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Nothing is idiot proof. Idiots are resourceful.
« Reply #44 on: Jan 03, 2010, 01:24 PM »
Found this at an estate sale. Works great.

Offline fishseeker(mike)

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 03, 2010, 01:35 PM »
Idahopanfish
Thats a great idea, I use the same type chair and it works great.  Is that just 1" PVC.

Offline hulv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 03, 2010, 01:37 PM »
OK here is what I have come up with in the off season     
the pics were from my phone   sorry if they suck

well I like to be comfortable so I got a gamma seal lid $7.00 and attached a boat seat $35.00 to it I have found a short bucket to attach it to (hard to bend down....   something is in the way??? might have something to do with the BEER laughs the old lady while I am in full ice gear trying buckets in the livingroom)  the gamma seal ring stays on the bucket and I can remove the seat by spinning it on or off  and I have built in  waterproof storage for the electronics

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #47 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:57 PM »
I wish I could post some plans for the sled, but there aren't any. I just built it. I do have some closer pictures if you'd like them. I could take some measurements too. Nothing I'd like better than to see another like it on the ice ;D

RG

I remember you posting this one before and I have to say that is one of the finest basic sleds I have ever seen.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline FishinJenn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ME! :)
« Reply #48 on: Jan 03, 2010, 08:07 PM »
We use our cheap fold up camp chairs, work great and even have a beer ...er cup holder on the arm rest!  ;)
Kids who hunt, fish and trap...dont mug little old ladies.

<span style='display:block !important; width: 170px; text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px;'><a

Offline stephen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 03, 2010, 11:53 PM »
I use a double bull tripod camo seat . The back pad and seat are padded and are very comfortable. About 44 dollars but worth the money.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.