Author Topic: Slammer Tip-Ups  (Read 2257 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Slammer Tip-Ups
« on: Feb 12, 2007, 01:18 PM »

Just to let you guys know I was able to get the slammer tip-ups on the venue with NJ F&W for the 2008 season. They still have to vote on it.

Slammer
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Scientist

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Slammer Tip-Ups
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2007, 02:24 PM »
Are they considered legal in NJ for 2007?  Or does it fall under the category in ice fishing section of the regulations NJ/ Fish game digest as “Expressly prohibited are any devices with the automatic hook setting capabilities.”
breathing in, breathing out..this is life is all about ...We change when we start to make of life what we want.

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Are they considered legal in NJ for 2007?  Or does it fall under the category in ice fishing section of the regulations NJ/ Fish game digest as “Expressly prohibited are any devices with the automatic hook setting capabilities.”

You hit the nail on the head. I've been using mine upstate NY.

Offline NickN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2007, 12:28 AM »
Lone Wolf, Did NJ F & G ever vote on the Slammer Tip-up?  If so what was the end result?  Thanks

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2007, 07:32 PM »
Lone Wolf, Did NJ F & G ever vote on the Slammer Tip-up?  If so what was the end result?  Thanks

The 2008 Regs meetings have been postponed several times this year. I know one was in June., another in Aug. and the last was supposed to be the beginning of Dec.
As of now the meeting is scheduled for Jan. 8th and the Slammer is still on the venue. After the open meeting it still has to be voted in by the committee. If it is voted in it should be legal this season .. or whatever will be left of it.
I'm going to try and make the meeting and bring my slammer for a demo.

Doug >))))>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.