The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Road/Snow @ Crooked Creek  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Wollysauce

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Work to live. Live to fish.
Road/Snow @ Crooked Creek
« on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:27 PM »
Headin to Crooked Creek tomorrow late/early Sat. Just wondering how much snow after the last few days and if it will a problem to get there. Have a shovel and tire chains. 

Offline beerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Road/Snow @ Crooked Creek
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2012, 11:38 AM »
Me and a buddy are headin up to crooked creek tomorrow 5 am from billings.  Anyone know how much snow fell north of winnett just curious. And how's the fishin close to the boat ramp just wonderin if I should throw the atv in.

Offline mthuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2012, 12:31 PM »
I just called a friend in Winnett.  She claims there's about 10 inches at Winnett.  She's been known to stretch the truth sometimes though so I'd say 7-8 inches would be more realistic

Offline Hunter2005

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:55 PM »
One of my co-workers came back this morning...The road was cleared but it was drifting in a couple places...You should have no trouble getting there...As a side note I heard they will no longer be renting the little cabins...Looks like Hell Creek is it for rentable cabins on the south side of the lake...

Offline Wollysauce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:45 PM »
Just got off the phone with Bob from the bait shop in Winnett.  Road is good. !4" of ice in areas. People are driving pick-ups on the ice in areas.  From Billings leaving town about 6:00 am.  Look for the red Ekskimo portable by anderson point or the magor point due north upsteam.

Offline beerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2012, 10:42 PM »
sounds good wolly we are leavin billings at 43o for crooked creek . old school blue dave genz fish trap and grey f150. let us know if ur gettin into them and we will do the same.

good luck fishing <><

Offline beerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2012, 03:23 PM »
we fished crooked creek yesterday sunup to sundown. fished straight east of boat ramp (150-200 yds) but not quite in the willows. 9ft water. iced 2 perch and 1 northern that went 11lbs. lost 2 other big fish in the morning. the ice was 15" thick where we were. road had a bit of snow on it but no prob for a 4x4.

Offline Wollysauce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:04 PM »
Fished Crooked Creek to the north about a mile before the pressure heave on Sat. 10am till 6pm.  11 Pike 3 to 7lbs.  Had trouble hookin the Walleye.  They would mess with the minnows but never get hooked. Light biters.  Will be back on Thurs. morn till Sat.

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:26 PM »
Fishing tip ups?

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Fished Crooked Creek to the north about a mile before the pressure heave on Sat. 10am till 6pm.  11 Pike 3 to 7lbs.  Had trouble hookin the Walleye.  They would mess with the minnows but never get hooked. Light biters.  Will be back on Thurs. morn till Sat.

Those could of been crappies, a lot of them swimming around in that area.

Offline TJet Apprentice45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2012, 11:43 AM »
Anyone know if the ice is 4 wheeler safe out to the Squaw Creek point at Crooked Creek yet?  My guess is that we could make it after this cold snap but just curious if anyone has been out that far yet?
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.