Author Topic: Ice Fish South Dakota  (Read 2679 times)

Offline Fisheveryday

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fish South Dakota
« on: Dec 18, 2018, 03:49 PM »
Looking to take some time off to fish South Dakota, any recommendations? Ive always fished Nebraska wanting to try something new! Ideas and knowledge would be appreciated. Thank you

Offline 12ICEFISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't catch, if you don't fish!
Re: Ice Fish South Dakota
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2018, 07:59 PM »
Going solo or with a group? Pretty wide array of opportunities depending on what "you" are targeting!
Herm Krepel

Offline Tworivers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2018, 09:46 PM »
   My son and I just got back from a couple of excellent days in SD. We fished Lake Thompson slough ,Whitewood and oakwood seen lots of fishermen at all those lakes but no fish got back to the motel and the lady at the desk said should have been on ponsett so the next day we went to ponsett caught  butloads of perch and several 15" walleye. Lots and lots of fishermen The lake was amazing fished 12 ft of water could see every pebble and stick on the bottom  at times we would have 10 or 12 perch looking at our bait was tremendous fun
If I could just stop fishing maybe I could stop drinking

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2018, 01:47 PM »
So can you fish the mentioned lakes on foo?
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline 12ICEFISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't catch, if you don't fish!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2018, 03:58 PM »
We were on Poinsett/Bitter/Waubay (came back yesterday) Good foot most places, buy found a few 6" to 8" pockets. Ranger, and wheelers throughout. There was very little deterioration even with the 40 degree weather. Was not happy to leave :(
Herm Krepel

Offline Markineyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2018, 10:11 PM »
Yes you would be fine walking out on foot might have to do a lot of it depending where and what lake you are fishing. Most lakes have nice areas to try right by the access area I would recommend buying mikes maps very detailed and no I’m not connected to him in anyway but his stuff is very good if you are looking for specific structure spots that look “fishy”. Good luck

Offline Fish2Live

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2019, 09:05 PM »
where would a guy find Mike's map?

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2019, 09:27 PM »
Mikes maps web site.  Or most local bait shops

Offline 4x4nfishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2019, 11:51 AM »
   My son and I just got back from a couple of excellent days in SD. We fished Lake Thompson slough ,Whitewood and oakwood seen lots of fishermen at all those lakes but no fish got back to the motel and the lady at the desk said should have been on ponsett so the next day we went to ponsett caught  butloads of perch and several 15" walleye. Lots and lots of fishermen The lake was amazing fished 12 ft of water could see every pebble and stick on the bottom  at times we would have 10 or 12 perch looking at our bait was tremendous fun

What part of ponsett do you fish? Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.