The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sabattus NORM?  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Corso

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Sabattus NORM?
« on: Feb 14, 2006, 04:09 AM »
Heyyyy gang...my buddy went to his bros house on Sabattus Fri Night and fished Sat mornin...there was a crowd at the shack so he went a lil off from them in a cove...anyway...he came back with a 39" pike that must go around 13-15pds...is this the norm? or did he get lucky and have a Great catch? Myself i fish North Pond...all we could muster was an 8lber..i told him it was a role reversal! lmao.. was that a correct comment? cmon guys...i know you fish it to death(sabbatus) so tell me...is this the NORM?  8)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Sabattus NORM?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2006, 04:13 AM »
no its not the norm. there are plenty of big pike in sabbattus some that will make your eyes pop! but the norm is prolly round 5 lbs or a little smaller

Offline Annie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm warm, yep!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2006, 05:08 AM »
Heyyyy gang...my buddy went to his bros house on Sabattus Fri Night and fished Sat mornin...there was a crowd at the shack so he went a lil off from them in a cove...anyway...he came back with a 39" pike that must go around 13-15pds...is this the norm? or did he get lucky and have a Great catch? Myself i fish North Pond...all we could muster was an 8lber..i told him it was a role reversal! lmao.. was that a correct comment? cmon guys...i know you fish it to death(sabbatus) so tell me...is this the NORM?  8)

where is his shack? and where is the pic............ he MUSTA taken a pic!!   :o

there are lots of monsters in this lake........ but scott is right..... not many catch them.
Martin's Point, Sabattus, Maine

Offline chillywillie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2006, 05:37 AM »
I've been there 2 weekends in a row and we've caught a lot of 4-5 pounders.  The biggest was 5.5.

Offline ztc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2006, 05:43 AM »
wow and i thought the 6.5 pounder i caught at champlain was huge (mabey thats cuz it was as big as me at the time! :woot:)

Offline Marsh

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tools of the Trade
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2006, 06:39 AM »
definatly not the norm.  i fished it hard last year and my biggest was 6 pounds
Marsh

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2006, 07:24 AM »
is this the NORM?  8)
I fish there 2-3 times a week......you get 5-10 of those a season if you put your time in (or get lucky).............but for the most part there are small fish in there.....stay in the Belgrades  ;D

Offline weav11

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I did it all for the brookie, the brookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2006, 09:29 AM »
I fish there 2-3 times a week......you get 5-10 of those a season if you put your time in (or get lucky).............but for the most part there are small fish in there.....stay in the Belgrades  ;D
:roflmao:.....#2 pencils?
Tippy Tundra 1 Weav 0

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2006, 10:25 AM »

Offline rude the dude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike, ruining the state of Me., one pond at a time
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2009, 08:13 PM »
sounds like the fishing has improved. 8)
How they biten

Offline robbfishing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2009, 08:15 PM »
you wouldnt think so by the previous posts though would ya ::) i think they just like to :'( ;D

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2009, 08:22 PM »
sounds like the fishing has improved. 8)

Not after lastg weekned but but I will tell you tomorrow !!!

Offline joeybutta

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 13, 2009, 05:20 AM »
this one come out of sabattus the week before the big derby this year!

Offline livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 13, 2009, 07:30 AM »
I don't think you could fish the lake out they got rid of allot of little guys last weekend.We should get some bigger fish in there for next year ;DIm going out today for awhile and setting up for perch with my youngest boy so he can have some action and ill have 2 big baits down.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.