Author Topic: What's the marcum vx-1i?  (Read 757 times)

Offline Mncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
What's the marcum vx-1i?
« on: Nov 01, 2015, 02:12 PM »
Was at cabelas and seen a marcum vx-1i and didn't know if it was a new model or what. Is this the same as the vx1 pro?
Just a teen who loves the outdoors

Offline wiel0059

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: What's the marcum vx-1i?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2015, 02:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure this one is new for this year (?) and replaced the vx-1 Pro. Same general features but to me it looked like it had a larger screen and was a flat screen (they had this model at Cabela's but no the previous VX-1 Pro when I went), more like the Humminbird Ice units. I prefer this actually.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2015, 02:22 PM »
It's this years new model, replacing the VX-1P. I just picked one up the other day and it seems like a real nice unit. The only thing visually different from what I can tell is the face is almost flat instead of sticking out, helping to keep from snow build up.

Offline wiel0059

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2015, 02:29 PM »
It's this years new model, replacing the VX-1P. I just picked one up the other day and it seems like a real nice unit. The only thing visually different from what I can tell is the face is almost flat instead of sticking out, helping to keep from snow build up.

So exactly what I thought. How does the zoom work on this one? Is it like the old Pro was (I think), in that you could only bottom zoom? Or does this one have 'adjustable' zoom windows - sort of like the Humminbird Ice Units. If it's variable, I might pick one of these up as a second unit with my Ice 35 for when I take other guys out.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2015, 02:43 PM »
This one only has the bottom zoom on it. I don't know how much it was at Cabelas but they had them at Gander for $300 and then had a 10% off deal going on.

Offline wiel0059

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2015, 02:50 PM »
This one only has the bottom zoom on it. I don't know how much it was at Cabelas but they had them at Gander for $300 and then had a 10% off deal going on.

Yeah I saw the $300 price point on this new one which is great. How 'deep' is the zoom (does that make sense)? Does it cover like the bottom 10 foot? I can't seem to find a straight answer to that on the marcum site.

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2015, 02:53 PM »
I just checked on the box and it is 5 ft in 20-40ft, 10 ft in 80ft and 20 ft in 160ft.

Offline Loudenback

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2015, 03:25 PM »
Do we know the target separation on this unit?

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2015, 03:28 PM »
The manual says target separation down to 2.15 inches.

Offline Loudenback

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2015, 05:56 PM »
Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.