Author Topic: Sled Update *pics inside*  (Read 1800 times)

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sled Update *pics inside*
« on: Dec 02, 2004, 03:33 PM »
With the help of Grumpymoe and a few others, I went out to UFA and bought a "calf sled" for $69.50 including tax. Now that's Canadian dollars so for our US friends that would equal $51.00 u.s. give or take a couple pennies. Now that I had that I just added some eye bolts on the side, bought some bunjee cords and away I go!!

Thanks for eveyones help.

Vancouvercanuck

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Sled Update *pics inside*
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2004, 03:39 PM »
good job VC look like a nice neat package should be able to keep track of everything .i like the looks of that sled

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2004, 03:44 PM »
Great job VC.....we were having a small discussion on the manitoba forum started by Monophil....he purchased another sled, and wished he had purchased the calf sled at a cheaper price....one thing i mentioned was that on surfaces devoid or almost no snow or ice cover, these sleds pull amazingly well with little effort...pulled my own last weekend partway on a gravel road getting back to the truck....effortless... .and a little tip posted today by Dirtball....take a little silicone spray and dust the bottom of the sled....good tip....have fun this winter VC....Grump...here's mine unloaded  ;D                                                                                                         

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2004, 03:46 PM »
looks good to me :tipup: :tipup:
Anthony

PerchBusterSD

« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2004, 04:19 PM »
here is the way i haul mine

grumpymoe

« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2004, 04:43 PM »
PerchBusterSD....how do you keep things from falling out...reverse at full throttle??? :roflmao: :roflmao:....just kidding....nice setup...Grump

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2004, 05:28 PM »
Hey PerchBuster front and rear fender bags PLUS a set of tank bags you the man.  :thumbsup: Auger rack on the front? After market tires and rims nice setup. Do you also put on chains on or did you stud your tires?  :tipup:

Offline fishinphoneman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2004, 05:43 PM »
Nice  setup, Perchbuster. I grew up in Brookings and used to fish Eastern SD. I need a rig like that...........

PerchBusterSD

« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2004, 07:44 PM »
lmao...thats the nomad i won on the rack. i fish with a clam guide that when put on the rack faces the other way and nope not in reverse.lol

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2004, 09:24 PM »
Nice sled, VC.  That's the identical calfing sled I saw at FeedRite Mills here in town, and would have bought if I hadn't got the Jet Sled.  Much stronger design than my Jet Sled, built tough, that one is.  Good going, you'll like it.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2004, 10:03 PM »
You'll like that calf sled-stands up to lots of abuse.I've been using one for 3yrs.now and I also use it for it's intended purpose. That way I got to claim it on income tax---crafty farmer.....uh,oh maybe I've said too much  :-X

trapperdirk

« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2004, 12:29 AM »
If I didn't know better I would almost think those calf sleds are actually otters . I highly reccomend though you add sliders to them especially if dragging across surfaces such as roads . Otter sells a kit but the white nylon ones that they use on snowmobiles are the same thing .

TD

Offline Phoenix

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2004, 06:03 AM »
Nice rig VC, looks like you're packed and ready to go. Do ya haul it to the lake behind that bike leanin against the boat ???

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2004, 08:10 AM »
Nice sled, I like the eye hook idea for bungies..........which I will be installing on my jet sled. Thanks
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2004, 09:08 AM »
Dont get too much on there Mugz or you wont be able to use it for a "Jet Bed"
LOL

Mike

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2004, 09:10 AM »
Ahh...someone remembers....wow, that was 2 yrs ago!!!!!
I will make it easily convertable.... ;)
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.