The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2016 Recap Video  (Read 1478 times)

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
2016 Recap Video
« on: Jan 23, 2017, 05:19 PM »
Hey guys!

Every year I do a video recapping the fishing season I had. Well, 2016's is ready! Here it is:

I tried to mix in some animal footage too. Got a few interesting shots of critters throughout the year. Also made a homemade underwater probe to get some shots of fish in their element. This year I plan on getting a drone to get some areal footage, and hope to get more video of myself actually fishing, and not just catching! Any suggestions are welcome.  ;D

Offline stimpyNEK

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2016 Recap Video
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2017, 06:41 PM »
Cool vid man
Its T shirt weather until you can actually die of hypothermia

Offline shiveringjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2017, 07:14 PM »
That is awesome, really like the underwater footage in the beginning. 

Offline MadflyfishingVT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2017, 08:30 PM »
Great Video! Always enjoy watching your videos! I have noticed you have not uploaded as many lately. Do you still plan on creating more?

Offline ISLAND STORM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2017, 08:50 PM »
Great Job......Love the video!!!!
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Tight lines and be safe.

Offline TroutWhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:40 PM »
Great video!
2GUYZ FISHING

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:49 PM »
Thanks guys!

Great Video! Always enjoy watching your videos! I have noticed you have not uploaded as many lately. Do you still plan on creating more?

Thanks a lot for being a loyal viewer! My upload volume has been down a little this year I would say, but that's only because I want to keep the quality up there. I have noticed some channels I liked in the past can tend toward uploading more and more off-base, lower quality videos, and I am trying to avoid that. Quality over quantity. Will be getting some new camera gear this year, and hope to up the ante a bit! Might be tough beating some of this past years shots, but I will try like hell!

Offline pokholes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2017, 04:52 AM »
Awesome video Thanks for sharing!!!

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2017, 05:15 AM »
Well done.. Thanks for taking the time to do it!
Jig em up!

Offline Fish Hard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2017, 05:22 AM »
Very nice video, great way to document your excursions. I don't have a phone and seldom bring a camera to catch any memories, sometimes wish I had!

Offline koissu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2017, 06:40 AM »
Good stuff!

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2017, 07:15 AM »
Great Video!!! 

Would you describe your homemade underwater camera?  You got some great footage.

Offline MadflyfishingVT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2017, 07:45 AM »
Thanks guys!

Thanks a lot for being a loyal viewer! My upload volume has been down a little this year I would say, but that's only because I want to keep the quality up there. I have noticed some channels I liked in the past can tend toward uploading more and more off-base, lower quality videos, and I am trying to avoid that. Quality over quantity. Will be getting some new camera gear this year, and hope to up the ante a bit! Might be tough beating some of this past years shots, but I will try like hell!

Thanks for the videos! Glad you are still gonna film. Look forward to watching them!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2017, 07:46 AM »
Great Video!!! 

Would you describe your homemade underwater camera?  You got some great footage.

Thanks! The camera probe thing was made with a cross style tire iron, with a brick mounted in the center (the type of brick with holes in it). I then pounded a sturdy stick of green wood into the center hole so it stood straight up. Maybe 18" long. screwed a go-pro case mount to the end of the stick. Tied two sections of long rope to either side of the tire iron. This way I could spin the ropes left or right to get the camera to point in whatever direction I wanted when I set it on bottom. Oh, and there was a section of foam insulation (the kind you put on copper hot water pipes) on the upper section of the stick to ensure that the thing stayed upright when you drop it into the water. Worked well from the canoe! The shot with the sucker fish was taken with an even more rudimentary apparatus... Gopro duct-taped to a rock, which was tied to a rope so I could retrieve it. The pool in the video was full of suckers, but they would spook away from you when you got close. So I set the camera down on one side of the stream, then walked out, and spooked them back toward the camera. Worked like a charm!

Offline Vrmontrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2017, 07:54 AM »
Very cool video.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2017, 09:25 AM »
great fish and video. nice mix of outings and fish. did you do the editing with a mac? I love the orange cat we have one very similar. is he yours? did you get the cat in addison county?

Offline koissu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2017, 09:36 AM »
Gopro duct-taped to a rock, which was tied to a rope so I could retrieve it.

This is amazing

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2017, 09:40 AM »
Great video!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2017, 11:26 AM »
great fish and video. nice mix of outings and fish. did you do the editing with a mac? I love the orange cat we have one very similar. is he yours? did you get the cat in addison county?

Did the editing on a PC with Power Director. We have 2 orange cats that are sisters. They get curious and a little freaked out about fish though. Pretty funny! Not sure where they came from as they were originally my girlfriend's roomates. Incidentally, love the Temp Tales icon you got there... "Smelt'n!"

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2017, 09:53 AM »
my orange one gets freaked out about everything.

Temp tales, yeah I am G B Kelley's cousin from vermont, bootstrap. I look just like him dont I? lol 

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2017, 04:07 PM »
Excellent video! :)

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2017, 07:30 PM »
I saw this pop up in my YouTube subscriptions when you first uploaded it and I couldn't wait to watch it. Awesome video and a lot of beautiful fish! Thanks for sharing.  :thumbsup:
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 26, 2017, 06:50 AM »
Thanks for the thumbs-ups guys!  :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.