Author Topic: Best Auger for Cordless Drill  (Read 5940 times)

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
Re: Best Auger for Cordless Drill
« Reply #30 on: Dec 27, 2013, 08:28 PM »
I picked up a 5 " laser  at mom n pop bait shop a month ago ( used) in my travels for work.   - used 5 " laser 25 bucks
Blades were dull,  picked up new pair at Scheels on sale -19 buck s.   Hooked up to a dewalt 18 volt.   
13-14 " ice.   Drilled through in less that 10 seconds  today at local lake.
I have always laughed at cordless drill/ augers     
The only reason I purchased was I fish with another I S member during early ice with his drill setup and was impressed .
I'm totally all for drill augers for early ice and opening up holes which I did today . Sold!!!!
 2 cts.   -  5 " laser  / dewalt 18 hammer drill

Offline OIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Auger for Cordless Drill
« Reply #31 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:44 AM »
One thing to consider is the nils cordless auger.  It is designed specifically for a cordless drill.  Not only does it have the flange and adapter built in, but the pitch of the blades is different from a standard nils. 

The adjusted pitch is designed to be run at the speed of a drill rather then a traditional hand auger that is designed to run much slower.  In the end, the one designed specifically for a cordless drill will perform much better then one that is converted.

The better efficency will allow for more holes per battery and less strain on the drill.

That is total BS it is the same head on both augers. Put a compass on it and measure you will see that to be true.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.