Author Topic: marcum service...lx 5 ducer  (Read 688 times)

Offline AkDan

• Team IceShanty Regular
marcum service...lx 5 ducer
« on: Jan 20, 2014, 12:15 PM »
If you have had an lx 5 for awhile and the puck turns to mush on you, don't waste your time calling they wont service or even talk about why (plausible deniability) its happening or how to keep it from happening other than the new ones 'wont do that'.   

We will see....new ducers in the mail.   

Offline AkDan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: marcum service...lx 5 ducer
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2014, 12:17 PM »
fwiw, my ducer turned to mush.  Looked like it had a teenage monster zit and sticks to literally everything.   It's an older machine and has served me good.   

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep the puck from stick/turning to mush over time?     

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2014, 01:17 PM »
my buddies vx1pro transducer bottom oozed right off the ducer and   stuck to everthing too.seems pretty common with a Marcum.that and the display rocking back and forth.

Offline AkDan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2014, 01:38 PM »
my picture also rocks a little, almost like a power surge.   

By the end of the day it looked like my battery was either dying or the transducer was really screwing up bad.  Everything was flickering.  I've ran it dead before but have never seen this reaction.   I charged it and took it to a local pond last night.  I'm not so sure its the battery vs the transducer.  I was marking all kinds of crap up shallow which is normally not the case.

Either way I have a new transducer on the way.  Hopefully this one doesn't fail.   After doing a little digging it seems like the vex's transducers are/were doing this also?

Has anyone found a way to keep it from happening?   

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2014, 01:53 PM »
Mine started to do that this year.I put a zip lock freezer bag around it, and it has quit sticking to the carrying case. I still had issues with my lx5. Bought a new transducer, same problems. It is back @ Marcum getting a new motor as we speak....  :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2014, 01:55 PM »
I think the epoxy on the bottom of the ducer had a chemical reaction with either the foam or glue that holds the foam in the ducer holder on my buddies vx1 transducer.he doesn't store the ducer in the cup anymore and hasn't had any oozing transducers.vexilar doesn't have epoxy on the outside of their ducers.i asked Marcum what the stuff was on the ducer and they said it was to keep ice from building up on it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.