Author Topic: Idea For Annual Service  (Read 738 times)

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Idea For Annual Service
« on: Nov 14, 2018, 11:54 PM »
Hey guys...was thinking this past veterans day weekend that perhaps we could start a tradition or standing service project. What if we got in touch with the local VA, Wounded Warrior Project, etc...and established a Saturday each year where we volunteer to take a veteran that could use some support out ice fishing for the day. One that maybe was wounded, or is suffering from PTSD, or otherwise struggling. Those organizations could help identify a veteran really in need of a pick-me-up.

I figure between us we could handle taking out even 5 or 6 and supply all the gear they would need to have a fun day on the ice.  Maybe all together at one lake or we spread it out to multiple lakes. It would give them a good break, get them outside, and also help them feel of our appreciation for their service and sacrifice.

Seems I've seen something like this done on other outdoor shows on KSL or something.

Thoughts?
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Idea For Annual Service
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2018, 12:02 AM »
Great idea! I have been wanting to do the same thing up here in Wy. This year might be a good time to start. :icefish:

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2018, 02:45 PM »
Great idea. I'm in!
I'll bring lunch and anything else we need. Please keep me posted.

Dewey
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2018, 05:53 PM »
I’m all in guys anything I can do to help just let me know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.