Author Topic: Cascade 2019  (Read 6714 times)

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
Cascade 2019
« on: Oct 01, 2018, 09:15 PM »
Gentlemen....any thoughts on another Cascade trip in January? Last year was great and I sure wouldn’t mind a repeat. Any interest?
Geezer

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cascade 2019
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2018, 09:22 PM »
Absolutely!!! I'll be in to go again for sure.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2018, 07:39 AM »
I'm planning on going back up every other year so I will be out until next year. Should have a hook up on an even better house with more parking and closer to poison by then, hopefully. Myself & fishon1 are planning on heading north to fish with prospector sometime in Jan/Feb and as usual will do a Gorge trip in January. I know Prospector was wanting to go cascade in late Febuary early march and give them perch sometime to get fatter as their eggs mature. I'm sure he'll chime in soon
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2018, 08:59 AM »
I have 2 goose hunts in Torrington, WY in January so Cascade is out for me that month.  I WILL be up there for at least 5 days in February but don't have specific dates just yet.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 02, 2018, 07:29 PM »
I will be prettying busy myself in January with a derby in Colorado and one in Utah if we have some ice. Maybe a weekend in February for Cascade. Let me know your date for the Gorge trip, no reason not to fill every weekend lol.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #5 on: Oct 02, 2018, 09:29 PM »
Well I would but like musky said we are trying to go to Joe’s back yard.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2018, 11:09 PM »
Sorry so late to chime in. Just saw this post. If I am up to it, I am definitely planning a trip in February or March. I would love to join up with a group.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2018, 09:41 AM »
Sorry so late to chime in. Just saw this post. If I am up to it, I am definitely planning a trip in February or March. I would love to join up with a group.
Glad you are on the mend! Hip replacement is a pretty involved surgery. You had me worried when you just said surgery without explaining what it was. I was thinking sex change or something  ;Dlol . A late February or March trip to Cascade would work for me. I’ll start looking for lodging. Where I stayed last time had multiple connecting rooms with kitchens , didn’t look real good but was warm and reasonably priced.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2018, 10:10 AM »
I am definitely down with a trip. Just before  you posted, I just turned on a YouTube video of cascade lake perch from in-depth outdoors. Good stuff! I’m so fat and ugly that a sex change probably wouldn’t get  me any more sex than right now. May as well save my money on that one.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 15, 2018, 12:16 PM »
Busy schedule for January/February 2019.  I am tentatively booked into Birch Glen Lodge for 17 to 23 February, 2019.  I may go back up in early March depending on ice conditions that late in the season.  Would like to split expenses on lodge/transportation costs if somebody is interested in 17 to 23 February trip.  I have a 2-place inclosed trailer with only one snowmobile in it.  Could accommodate another sled or quad.  Could also shorten the trip by a day or 2 if necessary.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2018, 04:55 PM »
Booked a room from 11-15 Feb. don't like to do weekends.  :) :)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2018, 06:06 PM »
Hurricane Michael necessitated a change in a planned Georgia quail hunt last month and we rescheduled for Feb 23 - 27, 2019.  So I rescheduled my Cascade trip for Feb 12 - 18.  It's a very big lake and weekends haven't been a problem in the past - as long as you get to the parking lot at dawn.   ;D
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 15, 2018, 06:06 PM »
I’m doing a Ice Addiction derby on the 9 th of February so I probably wouldn’t go until around the 22nd of February. If any are interested.

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 2018, 06:33 PM »
2 /22ish would be perfect, I'm in GGW. What about uncle Jim? Tell him hi for us anyhow.
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 15, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Yes I’m bringing Uncle Jim , he wouldn’t miss it. We will stay at the Long Valley Motel in Donnelly. Old and clean and pretty reasonable.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 15, 2018, 07:04 PM »
GGW, did you see my post asking for intel on Long Valley?  Thinking of switching to there instead of Birch Glenn.  Talked with the lady there 2 days ago and the rate seems very reasonable.  Just wondering about conditions and parking of my truck and enclosed snowmobile trailer.  Respond here or on the other thread - your choice.   :)
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 15, 2018, 07:23 PM »
 If uncle Jim is coming, I can’t miss out!

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 15, 2018, 09:44 PM »
I'm thinking I can make it for Feb 22nd and 23rd too.  Will start getting plans in motion.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 17, 2018, 09:31 AM »
GGW, did you see my post asking for intel on Long Valley?  Thinking of switching to there instead of Birch Glenn.  Talked with the lady there 2 days ago and the rate seems very reasonable.  Just wondering about conditions and parking of my truck and enclosed snowmobile trailer.  Respond here or on the other thread - your choice.   :)
Bob , Plenty of parking at Long Valley. I was able to turn my long bed and trailer without any problems. Was also able to park fairly close to my room. Don’t expect much more than a warm bed and room to dry your things out.
GGW

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 17, 2018, 11:24 AM »
Bob , Plenty of parking at Long Valley. I was able to turn my long bed and trailer without any problems. Was also able to park fairly close to my room. Don’t expect much more than a warm bed and room to dry your things out.
GGW
Thank you Sir.  I'll be taking a kitchenette so will have someplace to cook and eat breakfast since restaurants in Donnelly don't open before 7 AM and I want to be at the launch about that time and must have breakfast before launching.  Hoping the weather and snow cover are favorable in February.   ;D
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Ok so now that I've got the YouTube thing going here's a good video of last years pig perch weigh off. This should fire those of you going this year up!!! Good times

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 31, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Good times indeed! Thanks for posting Matt. Just made some Perch Lures today for the next trip up there!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 31, 2019, 11:05 PM »
Hopefully they will like these little guys!

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 03, 2019, 10:21 AM »
Great video Joe ! I am putting in an order for a couple of those.
For those interested in a Cascade trip we are planning on traveling up on  Thursday the 21st and fishing Friday and Saturday returning on Sunday. We are staying at the Long Valley Motel in Donnelly. All are welcome of course. I will try to get some reliable information on the ice conditions.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 03, 2019, 10:57 AM »
Great video Joe ! I am putting in an order for a couple of those.
For those interested in a Cascade trip we are planning on traveling up on  Thursday the 21st and fishing Friday and Saturday returning on Sunday. We are staying at the Long Valley Motel in Donnelly. All are welcome of course. I will try to get some reliable information on the ice conditions.
Thank you sir! I will get you some made up. Hopefully I can get those tubes to you before the tournament this weekend. Best of luck to you!

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 03, 2019, 11:09 AM »
Great video, looks like I have a new mold to buy, love catching fish on things I've made.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #26 on: Feb 03, 2019, 12:51 PM »
Man those look awesome! You’ll be interested to know that I watched your video while lake trout fishing and saw exactly zero fish on the graph during that time! Hahahaha

Maybe I need a change of scenery and a cascade trip too! One 9 lb laker in 2 days.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 03, 2019, 01:38 PM »
Thanks again guys! Come on up Trent. I will arrive on the 18th and will stay for about a week.

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #28 on: Feb 03, 2019, 07:26 PM »
Geezer we stayed at the long Valley Motel a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, paper thin walls and I do mean paper thin. If you are pulling a big trailer it is a b***h to turn around in there. I had to pull in head first along the drive way going in and had to back out every morning on to highway 55 with a spotter. I will be headed up again in a week or so and booked at Boulder Creek motel with a kitchenette, oh by the way we had room 3 at Long valley and their kitchenettes don't amount to much, the cook stove is a hot plate, total rip off at that place.  >:(

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 03, 2019, 08:10 PM »
Geezer we stayed at the long Valley Motel a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, paper thin walls and I do mean paper thin. If you are pulling a big trailer it is a b***h to turn around in there. I had to pull in head first along the drive way going in and had to back out every morning on to highway 55 with a spotter. I will be headed up again in a week or so and booked at Boulder Creek motel with a kitchenette, oh by the way we had room 3 at Long valley and their kitchenettes don't amount to much, the cook stove is a hot plate, total rip off at that place.  >:(
Yes , there is a lot to be desired there. I was able to get turned around with my trailer if there was no other vehicles there. We rented a space at the park and left the trailer there which helped. Where is the Bolder Creek Motel ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.