Author Topic: 2011 Polaris Sportman 500HO - no electrical power??  (Read 7742 times)

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
2011 Polaris Sportman 500HO - no electrical power??
« on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:29 PM »
 Trying to hunt down an answer to my problem with the lack of electrical power in my 2011 Sportsman 500HO.
Story goes like this - stored machine for a few months in summer while away on vacation etc. Battery was almost flat when I next tried to start it. Charged it up and everything A-OK. Use it all fall for hunting and everything good.
Left it in the back of my truck for about a month without using it and try to start it up last week = absolutely no power. No digital readout on dash, nothing. Figured it ws the battery again so I try to charge it. Still nothing. Remove battery and take it to dealer to get tested and it fails.
I buy new battery and install it and still no power. **censored**??
Searching for answer on net I see lots of talk about ECM and fuse block.
I don't know where to begin. I bought this thing from the dealer used and it didn't come with a manual. Where do I find the ECM and the fuses? Anybody else familiar with this problem??
Thanks in advance or any help,
Glen

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: 2011 Polaris Sportman 500HO - no electrical power??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2012, 05:47 AM »
Not sure if it will help much, but here's a link to the owners manual. You might have to register with Polaris to view, I had to log in to view it.  :)

http://cdn.polarisindustries.com/polaris/common/parts-manuals/9922803r02%20lo%20res.pdf

Offline strik

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2012, 12:39 PM »
freind had a issue  it ended up being some fuze   the fuzes were located in the front  under the handlebars..
Sorry not much  info.

good luck

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2013, 10:32 PM »
After 2 weeks of dinking around and replacing the battery, all the fuses and checking all the wiring, I finally took it over to a mechanic friend who had it running in 2 seconds!! Turns out the kill switch was a micro-click off centre. >:( :o ??? ::)
I even checked the switch but I just returned it to the same stupid position ::)

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:43 AM »
Glad ya got it figured out! Nice to know, since I have a '12 500 H.O.  :)

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2013, 06:00 PM »
After 2 weeks of dinking around and replacing the battery, all the fuses and checking all the wiring, I finally took it over to a mechanic friend who had it running in 2 seconds!! Turns out the kill switch was a micro-click off centre. >:( :o ??? ::)
I even checked the switch but I just returned it to the same stupid position ::)

This goes for for augers to, a professional is sometimes the easy way out on second though.
Thread killer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.