Author Topic: Best time of day  (Read 2719 times)

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
Best time of day
« on: Jan 27, 2016, 11:23 AM »
I know that generally the best time of day to catch feeding eyes is during low light conditions. My question is do you experts have better luck in the morning or the evening hours. I've always heard hour before to an hour after both sun up and sun set is ideal but do you guys prefer the am shift or the pm shift? Thanks

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best time of day
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2016, 12:33 PM »
For me it depends on the body of water (and Im no expert). If its a stained body of water, I have very little luck before sun up and also at dusk (or later). Best time for me on these lakes is 9AM to 3PM. Clearer lakes it slows down during the day for me

Offline SD Fisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2016, 10:41 AM »
I have always had my best luck just before dusk and a little afterward. Good luck!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2016, 06:31 PM »
I will go x2 on the no expert, however personal observation has water clarity, barometric pressure trends, and time of year playing a large part. I got into a good steady day bite last week in clear water just before a front moved in. We also have some lakes that are heavily stained with no night bite what so ever. Time on the water will get you up to speed real fast as to when the best biting  occurs.

Good luck to you on the hunt!

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.