Author Topic: Anyone familiar with "the snare shop" supplier?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Muggsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone familiar with "the snare shop" supplier?
« on: Jun 29, 2019, 03:43 PM »
https://www.snareshop.com

I've been looking for one of the Eagle Claw Ice rod boxes and these guys seem to be the only ones I can find that has one in stock. Wondering if anyone has dealt with them before or had any problems with them?
Maybe someday I'll think of something clever to write here...but I doubt it.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Anyone familiar with "the snare shop" supplier?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2019, 06:57 AM »
Not familar with that retailer but Dicks Spirting Goods usually has them in stock betwren the end of summer and black friday . They also run coupon codes on a regular basis.. Flambeau makes something similar too.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2019, 08:55 AM »
An alternative.  The dividers do not need to be used.  It’s a little shallower than the Eagle Claw.  Might have to fold handles if you want to use it for reels as well as rods.  Very nice case on the cheap regardless.  Look at the reviews.  :o

https://www.amazon.com/Flambeau-Outdoors-6500AR-Tactical-Large/dp/B00C3MFDKK

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Muggsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2019, 11:47 AM »
I won't buy from Dick's EVER, for anything, but thanks for that idea. Sportsmans guide lists them but out of stock. I'ts been like 35 years since I bought from them, too. I'm not sure the Flambeau gun case will have the depth required for the inline's with bigger handles. I was surprised at how much room my 4 rods took up using my Cabela's soft case that I got years ago. I didn't expect to accumulate so many rods so quickly but!!! And I picked up a few more at the end of last season that I still need to put reels on.  I've watched a few Youtube vids on that eagle claw box and think it will handle my stuff nicely. I thought I'd get ahead of the curve off-season but maybe I'm mistaken.

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2019, 02:21 PM »
I've bought trapping equipment from them years ago, I'm not sure they even carried fishing stuff then or I just never got past the things I wanted. All orders were done right.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2019, 04:08 PM »
I won't buy from Dick's EVER, for anything, but thanks for that idea. Sportsmans guide lists them but out of stock. I'ts been like 35 years since I bought from them, too. I'm not sure the Flambeau gun case will have the depth required for the inline's with bigger handles. I was surprised at how much room my 4 rods took up using my Cabela's soft case that I got years ago. I didn't expect to accumulate so many rods so quickly but!!! And I picked up a few more at the end of last season that I still need to put reels on.  I've watched a few Youtube vids on that eagle claw box and think it will handle my stuff nicely. I thought I'd get ahead of the curve off-season but maybe I'm mistaken.

I’m guessing you’re one of the very few Pro 2As in Connecticut.  Keep up the good fight brother.  I feel your pain.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Muggsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2019, 04:17 PM »
You are very astute!.....and correct!

Offline crappeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2019, 10:21 AM »
I live in carroll iowa. Sommerfeld outfitters/ snare shop is just a few miles away. Great store great service. Like a mini Cabela’s. Check out their website.

Offline Muggsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2019, 11:54 AM »
I did place the order online, everything seemed to be in stock and got shipping confirmation back in just a couple hours. Very pleased with that service. I ordered a few small ice plastics as well. Due here later next week.  Thanks from the local perspective; always good to hear positive reports of smaller online retailers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.