Author Topic: Brand new  (Read 339 times)

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
Brand new
« on: Dec 18, 2011, 03:06 PM »
Just opened an early Christmas gift from my uncle and bam it's a jiffy propane power auger, I was thinking about drilling holes in the floor becuz there's no ice, what do ppl think of the propane I haven't heard much.... I love Christmas :)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: Brand new
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2011, 03:16 PM »
An early MERRY CHRISTMAS!!  Check it out on here. There's been a lot of discussion back and forth on propane.Go to the auger thread and check it out. What matters is that you have one! Just make sure you read and follow the owners manaul, at least until you are familiar with it. I'll find the auger thread and add it to this reply in just a bit. Too bad your uncle didn't throw in some ice!! ;D

Here's the auger link:  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=73.0    :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Wow, congrats on the ice auger! I heard good things other than the fuel line breaking last year, but I guess they got that problem fixed. Does your uncle need another nephew or two.. ;D :thumbsup:

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2011, 03:27 PM »
I used one last year.  It started very easy and cut nice.  I used an 8 inch and it was one of the heaviest augers I have used. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.