Author Topic: After icefishing traditions  (Read 2308 times)

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
After icefishing traditions
« on: Mar 08, 2005, 06:38 PM »
After a long day ice-fishing, what do you traditionally do? I know some people like to stop at the local brew and stews. Our tradition is to always stop at McDonald's for supper, and order off the dollar menu! ;D Just curious as to what everyone else likes to do.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: After icefishing traditions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2005, 06:49 PM »
hit the closest possible dunkin donuts for a nice hot coffee and try to ponder what my wife is making for supper and then when i get home its the ritual of putting gear away and preparing for the next days fishing. sometimes that means new leaders and hooks depending on species i plan on targeting!!

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2005, 06:54 PM »
After a long day on the ice there is nothing better then a long soak in the hot tub (outdoors) sipping a piping hot coffee loaded up with Baileys....then let the stories roll...."the one that got away"..there is always one isn't there?

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2005, 07:11 PM »
I would like to say I do nothing but clean fish but sometimes I throw them all back. ;D
        Jim

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tomorrow is a another day!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2005, 07:35 PM »
dunkin donuts first,get home drop everything in the junk room to thaw out ,a little cuddling to warm up then a roll in the sack to get the burners on high!!!!!
We do not own this land ......We are just borrowing it from our children!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rayfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2005, 07:46 PM »
After a long walk off the lake...a relaxing f-150 heated seat ride home....kiss from a hot blond at the door.....clean(hopefully) a mess of fish.......cold beer.......burning hot shower.....comfortable clothes....nice meal....2 hours of the outdoor channel......2 hours of the shanty.....bed with my girl! ;D

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2005, 07:52 PM »
Depends on the time of day,if im leaveing after the morning bite....its of to mcdonalds for a sausage muffin with egg or 2 and a hot coffee.then i go prepare for the night bite,often getting to the shack an hour or 2 before the bite, to straigten up the shack and b.s with the guys out trying to catch something  during the day.after the nght expedition i usually go home and enjiy a velvet coke and cuddle with my sweety.never have to clean any fish cuz i throw them all  back or give them away...........

stump

Offline synergyboy10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2005, 08:01 PM »
im in bed as soon as i get home i dont even unload the truck.
sometime you just have to think like a fish.

MikeThePike

« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2005, 09:50 PM »
Since I work evenings 6 days a week its usually off to work after I get off the ice. But every Friday I go out, fish hard all day, go home and relax and have a few drinks.

Have done the McDonalds thing after getting off the ice as well and defiantly can't knock it. Should try White Castle before heading out so I can just melt my holes into the ice. Gotta love them greasy onion burgers.  ;)

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 08, 2005, 10:03 PM »
i come straight home to all of you guys and gals with alot of beer and a relaxed typing finger ready to go :tipup:

Offline AD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2005, 10:10 PM »
Well first I have to go get the truck to load up all the fish I caught (well ok not really but it would be nice wouldnt it?)       ;D
   Just the normal stuff come back home and clean fish if I kept any (or actually caught a few ;) )     Occasionally if I wasnt going to go back out the next day unpack, otherwise just leave the jet sled sitting in the den ready to go back out the next day.    But unpack the bait out of the aerator bucket and put them into a well aerated cooler.   
It doesn't matter if you didn't catch anything as long as you had fun.

Offline cityfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2005, 10:40 PM »
I'm always working the evening bite, so my dinner usually consists of a Slim Jim, a six of cheap beer and a couple of swishers. I hate to call it quits too early, so 11pm-12am is not uncommon. My after icefishing tradition is to bring my poles and flasher to the basement for recharging and then strip down out of my stinky clothes and shower. If I get in bed without showering, all smoky and boozy, my portable may become my permanent. It also affords me the opportunity to get out more even though we've got a 20 month old and another on the way. A small price to pay for an understanding (and cool) wife.

billybono

« Reply #12 on: Mar 08, 2005, 10:58 PM »
clean fish....charge the vex and cam......and me and krystynroze get into bed real quick!!!!!!!!!

billybono

Offline Big_Ray

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice fishing rules
« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2005, 06:02 AM »
I usually put away my gear, kiss the wife, pet the dog, get a quick bite to eat and then a nap before work. 
Ray

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 09, 2005, 07:22 AM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... ...................... ...................... .....
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

bigbrown46

« Reply #15 on: Mar 09, 2005, 09:22 AM »
alot of times i come off the ice drink a beer put on my waders and hit the river

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 09, 2005, 12:08 PM »
Man, you guys all have it lucky. After getting up at usually five a.m., go out fishing for the day, get back around sixish, and the g/f has the plans set up for the night. Usually out for dinner with friends, then off to a pub or back to someones house to play cards.

No time for bed for this guy, g/f has me going all night. :-\

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 09, 2005, 12:34 PM »
Man, you guys all have it lucky. After getting up at usually five a.m., go out fishing for the day, get back around sixish, and the g/f has the plans set up for the night. Usually out for dinner with friends, then off to a pub or back to someones house to play cards.

Atta Boy!!!  Make us married guys proud!!!
Follow the bubbles...

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #18 on: Mar 09, 2005, 12:47 PM »

Atta Boy!!!  Make us married guys proud!!!
if the catch is good for the day. i like to go home filet the fish and have a fresh fishfry. if the catch is not good then i order out or take the family out to dinner as long as the finances allow it.  :tipup:

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #19 on: Mar 09, 2005, 12:56 PM »
Clean fish (if it applies).
Drink beer.

:tipup:

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 09, 2005, 12:56 PM »
lyer if your catch isnt good you take my fish ;)

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #21 on: Mar 09, 2005, 12:57 PM »
Fishin all day is my gig,,even when I say couple hours KNOW BETTER!!!!!,, SO after its usally an hour at least drive home,, dont drink so no budweiserss,,, but a nice cigar and some JAMS are outa the question,, cut through my back yard gate,,wake an old man up that loves to clean fish,, we quick filet `em treat teh knives and board like cheap brothal residents ,quick water and wipe it,,lol,,, go home wife packs in bags of water,,make sure lines and baits are kewl ,pack the rod bag,,chat away till noozzeroonie
 lol,,been married long time we`ll snuggle when she wants to....lol...(Think that has anything to do with the couple hours/all day thing?)

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #22 on: Mar 09, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Toque buster  Enjoy it my friend I was your age once it doesn't last forever. After fishing I bring in wood for the fireplace  crack a beer and that's the only wood !! I I'll see till morning

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #23 on: Mar 09, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Drive home, 1st trip up the stairs to the 2nd floor apt, bring up fish?, minnow bucket and all the layers I took off on the way home, grap beer from fridge, kiss wife, back down stairs to get the auger and bucket of stuff, back up stairs... another gulp of beer, back down stairs... grab the plastic tub of tipups, back up stairs, nother drink of beer, spread everything around the kitchen to dry off. probe around fridge for something that looks good, start cooking dinner, crack another beer, clean fish, eat dinner, watch a little tube, then hot shower and bed...  Man, am I tired!

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.