New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: sandy pond  (Read 59593 times)

Offline dullhook

• IceShanty Rookie
sandy pond
« on: Mar 17, 2019, 04:14 PM »
whatever happened to the sandy pond ny thread? did it melt last yr? :(

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: sandy pond
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2019, 03:52 AM »
end of  the  season you see reports about the  big waters ....sandy pond  hasn't made the pages much in here this year at all  we need jim back   that's his  area  for  sure 

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2019, 06:44 AM »
Yo Trap and Dullhook,

Glad to see there is still some interest in the Pond. It has been a tough year on the Old New Guy and as most of you know I have lost the better part of my existence with the passing of my beloved Sweeta-Rita. I only mention this as to get it out of the way and again try for some normalcy in my future correspondences on IS forums.  My life will never be the same and thanks to my many many good friends on this forum I will have a good chance to return to salvage some peace of mind and pick up the banter and good will busting of chops we have all witnessed in the past. Again, thank you to all my fishing buds for being so understanding. Thank you for all the condolences. It is time to turn the page and continue on. Let the games begin

Grateful to be back Jboggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2019, 06:50 AM »
 Well I believe the pond will be fruitful
  Glad your back JB 👍🎣🕳

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2019, 06:54 AM »
Welcome back Jim.  Good to see you getting excited for the season..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline joefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2019, 06:59 AM »
Yo Trap and Dullhook,

Glad to see there is still some interest in the Pond. It has been a tough year on the Old New Guy and as most of you know I have lost the better part of my existence with the passing of my beloved Sweeta-Rita. I only mention this as to get it out of the way and again try for some normalcy in my future correspondences on IS forums.  My life will never be the same and thanks to my many many good friends on this forum I will have a good chance to return to salvage some peace of mind and pick up the banter and good will busting of chops we have all witnessed in the past. Again, thank you to all my fishing buds for being so understanding. Thank you for all the condolences. It is time to turn the page and continue on. Let the games begin

Grateful to be back Jboggey
  OK so what is new about the new old guy,  Did he buy a new truck ? or learn how to fish ? or maybe he got a haircut.  Was just wondering what is new

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2019, 09:02 AM »
Yo Joe,

I am without a computer at camp. I  will have to learn how to post from my smart phone. Yeh, you heard me right, a smart phone. Well however incongruous that may sound. Boggey and smart phone, I promise not to take as long to learn that as it took me to learn how to post pictures. The administrator made that a lot easier since I've been gone. I bought a fixer upper off of Blind Creek Drive and I am with in 599 feet from the ramp. Will be doing a lot of fishing this winter as soon as we get some ice. The snow mobile will make it easier to get about this year. I will be making daily reports as soon as ice arrives. Jigger and Stu are going to keep me honest, well sort of ;D.

I will be consulting with you Joe my old friend, for all things LOTI and Eel Bay.  I might add, the winter of 2017 after our last flood water was one of the best perch bites in the previous 10 years. If past is prologue, I am looking forward to another good year on the Pond.. Last year was most certainly a disappointment for this old geezer on the Pond. Looking forward to some tall tales and anecdotes. Trap  will get me into those pike off the rock pile I am sure and hopefully refine my cleaning technique.  Yes, you might say I am getting psyched for a good ice fishing season.
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Hey New Old Guy,
My sister and brother in law had an offer on a camp/summer home on Sandy Pond that after almost 2 years fell thru.  I am disappointed because I was planning setting up winter camp there!   They are still on the hunt for the perfect property, so who knows what the future holds! I hope to get there for at least one ice fishing day this winter, and I hope to meet you on the ice!

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2019, 04:46 AM »
You bet I will Jim looking forward to fishing with you this year seeing that we are almost neighbors

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Yo Jigger,

These cold night temperatures bode well for an early Christmas present, say maybe ice by the 17th of December? Wouldn't that be nice?  Stu stopped over to see the camp, but you haven't stopped in yet.  I've been out in the boat with Hack and I'm accumulating some perch in the freezer . I'll need some more for our semi annual fish dinner at Pathfinder Fish and Game club and Louise's Tournament bash.

Your fishing bud Jboggey 

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2019, 05:02 PM »
I will stop by Jim been busy hunting and taking my mother for appointments,I will bring a venison care package for you

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:37 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,
 Still hopeful for an early start to ice fishing season. I was reading an article about predicting such for the greater North Eastern  Great Lakes area. Truly hope that to be the case.  Still getting out in the boat at least for the next week or so.  Warmer weather predicted for the up coming week. I don't get near a computer too often so the reports will get pretty sketchy for awhile. Itching to walk on safe hard water soon. Hope to see you all real soon.

Jboggey

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #12 on: Nov 23, 2019, 05:34 PM »

Well I can attest to the fact that there was in fact ice on the pond, well at the launch at least, till Jimmy and I broke it to get out on his lil tub. We set out into a stiff north wind and paddled as far as we dared to the fabled perchin grounds, but alas, the wind and our small craft kept us from getting to where we wanted to go.... Oh well that's fishin eh? Anyhoo, the sun was shining and as we prepared to paddle back the wind died down allowing us a nice comfortable paddle back. Fishless and a bit chilly but laughing we made our way back to Jimmy's new abode. You have your work cut out for you my friend, but I'm really happy that you found yourself a nice comfortable place on the pond. See you soon on some hard water Jimmy.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2019, 08:44 AM »
Yo Eddy,

That's why they call it fishing eh? Still, it was nice to get out on the water with an old friend. A few weeks to get the camp in order before the white stuff locks us up.

Jboggey

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 25, 2019, 06:07 PM »
Great time talking with Jim and getting the tour of his camp , very nice spot and close to his honey hole.Dropped off some venison for him to enjoy and had a very nice visit

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2019, 11:22 AM »
Yo Jigger

Thanks for the care package. Even more, glad to see you. Hope we get to do some serious damage to the perch population on the Pond this winter.

Boggey

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #16 on: Nov 27, 2019, 04:50 PM »
Jim,  glad to see that you made back here.  Looking forward to sharing a little ice with ya this winter.
All the Best, my friend.

Offline swampking89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice fishin rules!!!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 01, 2019, 02:11 PM »
Welcome back JBoggey!! Can't wait to here all your tales from the pond!!

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 04, 2019, 09:18 AM »
Yo Phil,
 Nice to hear from you my friend. Now that you have joined the select group of retirees I hope we will get to spend more time together .  Looking forward to more advanced training on the crappie catchin express.  ;D ;D. Hope your bud, Big Jim is well. Tell him I said hi.  The camp is open for visitors and you know you have a standing invite. Checking the weather forecast out and it ain't looking too good for ice on the Pond, at least for the next week or so. Checked this morning it is all open again with waves gently caressing the shore.  I am still holding out for a Christmas present to be on the Pond  by the 25th. If not I will have to come up there and bother you my friend.  I got Joe to tell me when he sees all the crazies on the ice at LOTI and I know you are keeping an eye on Black Lake for me. Failing that, my  bud Cusefan has a camp up in Quebec. I will not suffer sorely too long eh? Swampking,  nice to hear from you as well my friend. Don't forget to give me a ring when you are coming to the Pond.

Not sure I should be thanking Jigger publicly for the care package because he included some outrageous personal recipe summer sausage. Unbelievably good. Not sure I will have much to share by ice time, but awfully glad I got mine early. Thanks again my friend.

Well all for now. Let's set back and wait for mother nature to perform her magic.  Hope to see you all walking on water when it is safe to do so.

Jboggey (JIM)

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 04, 2019, 01:41 PM »
I'm glad you're here Jbog. This place is not the same without you.

I hope you have a great ice season.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 04, 2019, 04:44 PM »
Yo Bruce
Nice to hear from you
 How are the boys?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Dec 04, 2019, 06:05 PM »
hey  ole boy  good to see you  I hope you  got ahold of my brother and paul  both were looking for  you ....  hope  to see  you  out on the ice real soon buddy 

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 04, 2019, 06:25 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it Buddy I will bring some more for you , and when we start slamming the perch on the pond Happy Holidays my friend

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 04, 2019, 06:31 PM »
Great to see You back Boggey! Hope to see you on the pond this season! 🎣🕳
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 05, 2019, 08:58 AM »
Yo Trap and KP,

For sure we will get some ice time together, hopefully sooner than later. We got to think COLD  :icefish:

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 05, 2019, 01:17 PM »
Nice to see you back at it Jim. Hey just an idea maybe more for fun than profit. The 2 person (politically correct) perch duel?? Maybe we could fire it up see what interest there is? Even if we keep it local and 20 of us or more rednecks could make it happen? Keep it simple 10$ a team or whatever pay three spots?? Just a thought.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Dec 05, 2019, 04:38 PM »
Good idea John if you need help I’m available

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 05, 2019, 04:40 PM »
Yo Bruce
Nice to hear from you
 How are the boys?

The boys are ready to get after some perch!  ;D

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 05, 2019, 05:12 PM »
Yo Trap and KP,

For sure we will get some ice time together, hopefully sooner than later. We got to think COLD  :icefish:
I’m thinking so hard for cold that my brain hurts!!😂
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #29 on: Dec 05, 2019, 05:24 PM »
I’m thinking so hard for cold that my brain hurts!!😂
Brain freeze?  :clap:
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.