New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Chaumont / Henderson BS Thread  (Read 74203 times)

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
Re: Chaumont / Henderson BS Thread
« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2017, 10:28 PM »
How did ice hold up with the rain
Just enjoying life

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 14, 2017, 09:23 AM »
Anyone know the conditions of Chaumont? I hate asking but its a long drive and dont want to waste a trip.

Offline jiggincrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 14, 2017, 09:31 AM »
Spike, best report you will get is by clicking on the chaumont hardware link above. Those guys are great and will give great info the morning you stop in. They updated it this morning.

Offline ice master 19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 14, 2017, 03:29 PM »
Fished Chaumont today, great day for it.   Perch bite was on and off with a lot of dinks to sort through.  I found ice 6-8" deep but it wasn't constant.   Lots of wheelers on the ice today and the ice was making lots of noise!

Offline BVasi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 16, 2017, 03:49 PM »
Anyone get out on the Bay yesterday and today? Heard a 22lbs Laker was caught yesterday

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #35 on: Jan 17, 2017, 12:19 AM »
Anyone get out on the Bay yesterday and today? Heard a 22lbs Laker was caught yesterday

Yes seen photo on the nys classic Facebook page
Just enjoying life

Offline bass14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 17, 2017, 03:23 PM »
Hello everyone,
Iam from the southern tier and have heard nothing but great things about the bay. I am heading up after work on wednesday night to fish thursday and friday, my weekends come Thurs and Fri. I have been studying maps of Chaumont bay like crazy and have some spots I believe will be good. Just wondering traditionally what depths produce the best size perch, and the depths that produce Walleye as well. Thank you very much!

Offline plowman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 17, 2017, 05:27 PM »
You want to use a lot of caution this weekend. The ice is not in good shape and we're heading for quit the warm up. If you're a first timer on Chaumont Bay, you would be wise to stop at the Chaumont hardware store and talk to Greg. Very valuable info. And he has bait! Be safe.

Offline Jiggerman01

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 17, 2017, 05:35 PM »
Does anyone have any recommendations on were to stay relatively close to decent fishing? Four of us are planning to try fishing the BAY. We are about four hours away and would greatly appreciate any assistance in finding a reasonably priced place to stay for a few days. Not much good ice here.

Offline ESKIMOAUGER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 17, 2017, 05:38 PM »
plowman have you been up on chaumont past couple days or today??just wondering

luv2fish2

« Reply #40 on: Jan 17, 2017, 05:57 PM »
duckaway motel in chaumont good people

Offline Jiggerman01

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 17, 2017, 06:23 PM »
Thanks LUV2fish2

Offline bass14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 17, 2017, 07:22 PM »
You want to use a lot of caution this weekend. The ice is not in good shape and we're heading for quit the warm up. If you're a first timer on Chaumont Bay, you would be wise to stop at the Chaumont hardware store and talk to Greg. Very valuable info. And he has bait! Be safe.

Yeah I saw on the conditions page from the hardware store that ice is 6-12 in most places and 3-8 out in the deeper water as of the weekend, which is why I'm heading up to fish thursday and friday. I will be at the hardware store when they open on thursday. Thanks for the heads up!

Offline plowman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 18, 2017, 06:19 AM »
plowman have you been up on chaumont past couple days or today??just wondering
Eskimoauger, I haven't been on the Bay recently. I have a friend that lives on the Bay and is a big time ice fisherman. I speak with him all the time and he keeps me informed on the ice conditions almost daily. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you tagged him for info. He's ESSOX SLAYER  He's a good guy.

Offline plowman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 18, 2017, 06:27 AM »
By the way, the best place for conditions on Chaumont Bay will be in "New York Fishing Reports and Conditions" under the thread "Big Water/ Jefferson". Essox Slayer will be on that thread when things get cooking.

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Jan 19, 2017, 11:23 AM »
Hey everyone just wondering how the ice is holding up with this weather, I keep checking the chaumont hardware store hoping to get out. I have never stepped foot out there and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I really want to ice one of those pig walleye I always see pictures of. Pm me with any advice would be appreciated.

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 19, 2017, 12:34 PM »
Hey everyone just wondering how the ice is holding up with this weather, I keep checking the chaumont hardware store hoping to get out. I have never stepped foot out there and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I really want to ice one of those pig walleye I always see pictures of. Pm me with any advice would be appreciated.

If you've never been out be sure to stop by the hardware store and get an updated map from Greg. He's good about marking bad spots.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #47 on: Jan 19, 2017, 01:01 PM »
Bad news boys, A_holes ruined a good thing you had going

Due to people being idiots the parking at the red camp on pt salubrious(Hardware store spot) has been shut down. Greg also said that the state ramp is unsafe for machines at this point the eater level has come up and all the shore ice is floating

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #48 on: Jan 19, 2017, 01:06 PM »
Glad i made friends out there so I still have good excess.     
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 19, 2017, 01:09 PM »
im thinking about heading out there also. I got the same advice, im gonna stop in to the hardware store for bait get a map and any intel i can then just spud my way around out there. As much as I dont like doing it ill probably try to chat some guys up out there and/or stick close to other people as i have no idea what to do out there.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #50 on: Jan 20, 2017, 09:35 AM »
Good to get all the updated info from you guys.  The bay is on my list for this season.  More cold coming next week.  ;D

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Jan 21, 2017, 02:12 AM »
I just don't get why people have to ruin a good thing. You see this everywhere.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 21, 2017, 08:51 AM »
Listen up, Gents, I'm only gonna say this once.

The owner of the blue house over on Three Mile Point that has been allowing fishermen access to the ice is mad, and rightfully so.

Apparently, a bunch of you think that because "rumor" has it access is allowed means you don't have to ask permission when you get there.

WRONG.

I fished over there yesterday (I know the man personally and have access there without having to ask each year) and watched wheelers coming up and down his ramp, vehicles rutting up his yard/roadside, standing on his deck looking out on the bay, etc., etc.  Saw a vehicle parking halfway down his ramp, not to unload, but to park there while they went fishing.

Saw a bunch of guys that I didn't recognize over there.

Let me state this as plainly as possible-YOU ASK PERMISSION TO ACCESS THE ICE THERE OR DON'T BOTHER COMING UP HERE.  PERIOD.

So far this year, I've watched as shorefront property owners have had to literally guard their property at 0500 in the morning to prevent YOU PEOPLE from just parking and accessing, just because you "want to".  I've seen yards rutted to he@@ and back, because theres no frost in the ground, but YOU PEOPLE park anyway, unconcerned with damage you might cause.

I've seen this at a dozen great access spots over the years, and watched those places made off limits for parking /accessing the ice.

You know who you are.

Keep this crap up, and this access spot is gonna go bye bye as well.

Personally, I could care less if these landowners restrict access, I've known them for years, have offered to help with rut filling/clean up in the spring and will ALWAYS have access via their properties.

You people who don't ask/don't care don't have that option.

Remember that nice limited space parking area that used to be over on Point Salubriuous that isn't there anymore?  It's because people parked outside the signs and figured they could do what they want.

You guys have been warned, landowners are NOT gonna tolerate this level on inconsideration.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #53 on: Jan 21, 2017, 09:09 AM »
I just don't get why people have to ruin a good thing. You see this everywhere.
I couldn't agree more as a young man I was taught to be respectful of other people's property and things ,

Offline Soggyice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Jan 21, 2017, 09:31 AM »
I had salmon fishermen argue with me that they had a right to walk across my front yard to access the water while their truck was parked in my back yard, they left trash ruts and fishing line behind. It amazes me that any land owner would allow access to strangers the way people disrespect other people's land.

Offline Mmartinez1721

• IceShanty Rookie
  • God Family Fishing
« Reply #55 on: Jan 21, 2017, 01:07 PM »
The sad thing is a lot of them aren't younger people it's the seasoned vets that believe entitlement allows them to act in such a way...Not that young people are excluded from this but a sense of entitlement does float around from what I can see.
I Fish I Hunt I Live

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #56 on: Jan 21, 2017, 08:06 PM »
Listen up, Gents, I'm only gonna say this once.

The owner of the blue house over on Three Mile Point that has been allowing fishermen access to the ice is mad, and rightfully so.

Apparently, a bunch of you think that because "rumor" has it access is allowed means you don't have to ask permission when you get there.

WRONG.

I fished over there yesterday (I know the man personally and have access there without having to ask each year) and watched wheelers coming up and down his ramp, vehicles rutting up his yard/roadside, standing on his deck looking out on the bay, etc., etc.  Saw a vehicle parking halfway down his ramp, not to unload, but to park there while they went fishing.

Saw a bunch of guys that I didn't recognize over there.

Let me state this as plainly as possible-YOU ASK PERMISSION TO ACCESS THE ICE THERE OR DON'T BOTHER COMING UP HERE.  PERIOD.

So far this year, I've watched as shorefront property owners have had to literally guard their property at 0500 in the morning to prevent YOU PEOPLE from just parking and accessing, just because you "want to".  I've seen yards rutted to he@@ and back, because theres no frost in the ground, but YOU PEOPLE park anyway, unconcerned with damage you might cause.

I've seen this at a dozen great access spots over the years, and watched those places made off limits for parking /accessing the ice.

You know who you are.

Keep this crap up, and this access spot is gonna go bye bye as well.

Personally, I could care less if these landowners restrict access, I've known them for years, have offered to help with rut filling/clean up in the spring and will ALWAYS have access via their properties.

You people who don't ask/don't care don't have that option.

Remember that nice limited space parking area that used to be over on Point Salubriuous that isn't there anymore?  It's because people parked outside the signs and figured they could do what they want.

You guys have been warned, landowners are NOT gonna tolerate this level on inconsideration.

yep it really sucked, had a weekend planned for up there, drove up and no parking, ruined my whole weekend.   thanks alot internet  idiots...
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline oldbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • usmc 1972-1976
« Reply #57 on: Jan 22, 2017, 06:24 AM »
  yep it really sucked, had a weekend planned for up there, drove up and no parking, ruined my whole weekend.   thanks alot internet  idiots...
Everything has changed since we got the internet and sights like ice shanty and facebook. Its so easy now to get on a sight like this and get the latest info on where the best fishing is etc. Before the internet you actually had to figure things out by yourself. Now all that info is right at your fingertips. We are our own worse enemy.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 22, 2017, 06:33 AM »
Everything has changed since we got the internet and sights like ice shanty and facebook. Its so easy now to get on a sight like this and get the latest info on where the best fishing is etc. Before the internet you actually had to figure things out by yourself. Now all that info is right at your fingertips. We are our own worse enemy.

And in reality theres more to it than that.

Common sense has been lost by a majority of people.

For the life of me, can't understand how inconsiderate some of these clods are.

Getting to a public access boat launch at 0500 is one thing...arriving at a private access spot at 0500 is another entirely, yet it seems some of these clods think tromping through a guys yard at 0500 is "ok"...but that's just me.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #59 on: Jan 22, 2017, 06:46 AM »

Well that sucks , but it seems common sense, and courtesy are hard to come by these days

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.