Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Tipups

Tip up Noise Maker

<< < (2/7) > >>

Ice Scratcher:

--- Quote from: RapShack on Sep 08, 2016, 03:26 AM ---It says the range is 328' to 500' which is just fine for me, I rarely have one more than maybe 40 or 50 yards away.  The 6 channels are nice too so if a buddy comes with you can set him up as well.  Looked up the batteries and they can be had cheap unlike the junk that came in my HT's.

--- End quote ---

Couple other positive things about the system, the button batteries on the actual sensors have lasted forever so far, over a year now, the one gets sounded a couple times a week at least..

They will be very easy to waterproof too.. There is a lot of wiggle room for the magnet placement.. Might have to experiment, but a different magnet type shape might work. The sensors could simply be in a Ziploc bag..

<°)))>{

Chris338378:
That's a great idea and will work very well.

UFCreel:
Not to be an a&#. But what, you guys don't keep an eye on your tip ups? Last several years at one area I fish. Several of the guys have got the alarms on their tip ups. Everybody gets the pleasure of hearing them go off. Over and over again. Seems for all the racket. Hook ups a scarce. Says in our State ice fishing regulations. That all devices must be attended and kept under constant observation. Just saying.

Ice Scratcher:

--- Quote from: UFCreel on Sep 08, 2016, 09:04 AM ---Not to be an a&#. But what, you guys don't keep an eye on your tip ups? Last several years at one area I fish. Several of the guys have got the alarms on their tip ups. Everybody gets the pleasure of hearing them go off. Over and over again. Seems for all the racket. Hook ups a scarce. Says in our State ice fishing regulations. That all devices must be attended and kept under constant observation. Just saying.

--- End quote ---

It's about ALWAYS (every second) attending your traps, and not allowing others, or the fish to know when it's tripped..

<°)))>{

RapShack:

--- Quote from: UFCreel on Sep 08, 2016, 09:04 AM ---But what, you guys don't keep an eye on your tip ups? Says in our State ice fishing regulations. That all devices must be attended and kept under constant observation. Just saying.

--- End quote ---

So you're saying you stare at your traps the whole time, and never take your eyes off them?  What if you have two set out and you have to walk past the first one to get to the second one?  Do you turn around and walk backwards?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version