Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1612806 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #26280 on: Jan 16, 2022, 09:43 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

+15, heading to +20 by mid-day

Eddie....Best of luck when hitting the ice this afternoon :icefish: Downsizing is an art, one I sure fail at.

IW....Enjoy the games this afternoon. It didn't take long for the Patriots to get eliminated.

WW....Best of luck to the team today :thumbsup: Safe travels when you head towards home :thumbsup:

Z....Good going on the gills :thumbsup: I usually see 1 walleye every 2 days. Sometimes I see 2  but normally 1 or none. So when I see one and I can't get it to bite, I have a tendency to leave it gnaw at me. The lake has good numbers of northerns in it (most small) but low walleye numbers. Sitting in the spear house is as close to fish hunting as I can get.

Bud....Good looking net :thumbsup:

Last night I had a terrible night trying to sleep. I didn't doze off until 3:30am and when my wife asked at 5am if I was going fishing I said no. I will head back out tomorrow. I am thinking I can drive up to the fish house door with my Tahoe which would make going out a lot easier. I know the ice is thick enough, I am more concerned with the snow depth and getting hung up.

Hope you all have a good day, best of luck if hitting the ice :thumbsup: Best wishes to everyone that's anticipating heavy snow, may the guessers, guess wrong.

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26281 on: Jan 16, 2022, 01:18 PM »
Afternoon all,

Well, the kids made a complete sweep of the tournament, unfortunately it wasn’t a winning sweep 😞 they played hard but the competition was tough. Had some car issues on the drive out and yesterday. Fingers crossed that we’ve got it straightened out now. Made it home well before the snow arrives tonight. Time to catch up on all the previous posts.
Have a good evening. stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26282 on: Jan 16, 2022, 02:16 PM »
Welcome home WW!. Sorry to read of the vehicle troubles :%$#!:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26283 on: Jan 16, 2022, 03:04 PM »
WW well shucks, never fun when the horse breaks down.  At lease you dodged the snow guessers say it's going to be a mess.

Got the eye bolts installed, and with help of tow rope not to bad getting it lifted up on the tailgate.

Did a little more scouting along my river.  So now will check in on the football games.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26284 on: Jan 16, 2022, 07:35 PM »
Good evening 23 outside and snow falling dusting on ground and vehicles so far. Forecast is for 3-5 inches of snow and Wintry mix and the changing to rain before things end tomorrow. Also supposed to get very windy. I woke up around 6AM did not feel good so at 7:30 called my sister to tell her I had to cancel on the planed breakfast meeting. Doing better now hopefully we will meet up on Tuesday morning.
Ice Wanderer I hope whichever football teams you are rooting for won their games today.
Eddie if you got out this afternoon hope it was a good trip. Good to read your snow blower is ready for service.
Hunts2long may you get to and from bowling without a problem. Thank you for the report on GSL. Has Lindsay looked into any water filtration systems to improve the taste of her local water.
IFF nice job on making the minnow dip net. Nice to hear the new tow rope makes it easier for you to load the flipover into your vehicle.
Fish/hunt4ever nice job lending your buddy the auger glad he had a fun day fishing. Did you get any reports from this weekend's derby.
Whopper Stopper never fun when you struggle to sleep hope you were able to take a nap today.
Wallyworld sorry to her about the car problems and that it was not a good tournament for your grandson and his teammates.  I hope the game scores were close.

Once again may all in storm Izzy's path get through the storm problem free. keep warm stay healthy and safe.
 Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26285 on: Jan 16, 2022, 07:42 PM »

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #26286 on: Jan 17, 2022, 04:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Steady snow falling and 21*, high of 34 today.

Just a quick hello before heading out for the first round of snow removal…looks like 6-7” so far, supposed to quit by 11am.  Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26287 on: Jan 17, 2022, 04:47 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 16* and snowing here on my hill.
                             Eddie...........I'm going to wait till the snow stops before I clear my driveway, I don't have top go anywhere. :whistle:
                             H2l..............How did your team do last night? ???
                             Marv............Good luck if you're still taking the Tahoe, don't get stuck, it's no fun shoveling out. :whistle:
                             Wally...........I'm sorry to read the grandkids didn't make it to the finals. :( It's no fun having car problems when you're far away from home. :%$#!:
                 I'm glad you made it home OK. :thumbsup:
                             Bud.............I use eye bolts where my tow ropes go. They help.  :flex:
                             Fish ............Thanks for the link on the derby. :clap:
                             Not much going on today, just going to watch it snow, then clear out the driveway.
                            I hope everyone has a good Minday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26288 on: Jan 17, 2022, 04:58 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

Looking for  highs of 30 today and tomorrow, then a couple chilly days move in at mid week with lows of -15 and windy.

Eddie...Hope the snow removal goes well, and the blower works like a Swiss watch :thumbsup:

IW....I will try not to get hung up, Thanks!

I am out the door in a few minutes heading to the fish house. Hope everyone that is in the way of the storm can get everything cleaned up without any problems.

Have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26289 on: Jan 17, 2022, 05:23 AM »
Morning all, 22° with a stiff 20mph wind blowing here today. We got another little dusting of snow last night, but with the wind, it's hard to actually tell how much. I'd guess less than an inch, though. Forecast high is 29° later with gusty wind all day.

Went out and fished a couple times yesterday. Little man wanted to try out the Schooley he got for Xmas, so I took him out for a couple hours in the morning. We got about a dozen gill between the two of us, and he landed a little bass, so he was happy. He ended up mostly using a bobber, though, didn't like the sideways reel on the Schooley  ::)

I went back out by myself in the afternoon for a couple hours. Bite was pretty slow; only landed a couple small gills. I missed a few, though, and lost a nice channel cat just under the ice. It was thrashing around right under my feet, and I ended up straightening out the little panfish jig hook trying to get him over to the hole  :-\

With the car in the shop and windy days forecast, I probably won't be doing any fishing the next few days, but I did take a vaca day for Thursday to go out for a weekday sit.

WS - good luck  :icefish:

ww - good luck with the car. Hoping for cheap news today on mine 🤞

mr.clean - hope you avoid the rain. Rain on top snow is always a mess 😬

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26290 on: Jan 17, 2022, 05:41 AM »
24* about 6" of snow and still coming down. Went out to open up end of driveway so Amber could get out, she was already gone so only made 2 passes. Will wait until it is light out.
ZCM, at least no "skunk". Glad you got out.
WW, glad you got home OK. Sorry to hear the boys had a rough weekend.
We took 3 of 4 points last night. Lost last game by 11 pins. I bowled 14 pins over my avg.
Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26291 on: Jan 17, 2022, 06:34 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....congrats on some good numbers last night  :clap:

MrC.....sorry you had to miss breakfast, hope you're feeling better  :-\

WS.....best of luck landing another dandy eye today  :cookoo: :icefish:

IW.....hoping most of this snow blows right across the lakes otherwise it's going to be tough going  :%$#!:

Eddie.....fingers crossed you don't get too much more snow after round #1  :blink:

Z.....congrats to your son on the catch  :thumbsup:  hope the $$$$ isn't too  :o  for your car

IFF.....one of the reasons we bought a bigger trailer is so we can drive the snowmobile AND shanty right in, no more picking the shanty up to load in the pickup , work smarter not harder  :flex: :woot:

Had no idea how tired I was until I sat down last night, woke up in time to go to bed  ::)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26292 on: Jan 17, 2022, 07:14 AM »
Well a balmy 23 outside this morning looking at some highs around 40 for the next few days with with cool down around Wednesday. Only work 3 days this week and head towards the derby Thursday. Should mention that I know the little girl that the benefit derby was helping out this last weekend I work with her dad. Well got most things loaded in the camper yesterday so now just to get food and a few clothes loaded and some of the other little things and then ready to head out. Will see how the derby goes.  Have a great Monday eveyone.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26293 on: Jan 17, 2022, 08:00 AM »
In a conversation with youngest daughter, turns out my SIL George wants to give icefishing  :icefish: a try, So I will go down to Bluegrass, IA, which is like a sub of Davenport, for a couple days. Will no doubt be looking for some fishable ice close to that area? Will be taking Jake along, he did good with the other dogs when we last visited. I tripped for an annual license, and will no doubt have a chance to do some open water fishing as well. I take it George didn't get out fishing growing up, he is now a retired Firefighter. Should be a hoot trip. :whistle: hope I can pass on some fishing savy.

Hope all you North Easterners can winter the coming storm and not get caught out in it.

So most of today will be prepping for the trip to Iowa.

Take Care all

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26294 on: Jan 17, 2022, 09:36 AM »
Good morning if my balcony thermometer is correct looks like we have reached the day's forecast high of 41 degrees. Looks like storm Izzy has passed partly cloudy sky now and wind speed picking up. I went out a little after eight cleaned and moved my vehicle to neighboring Methodist's church's parking lot which already had been plowed out. It was raining at that time thankfully we did not receive to much snow before the change over to rain. guessing 3 inches.
Fish/hunt4ever good to see there was a new record turnout for the derby. Hopefully a good sum of money was raised to benefit your coworker's daughter. Best to you with the minnow sales and fishing at this weekend's derby.
Edie may there not be to many rounds of snow blowing. Hopefully you only receive snow from the storm I know snow blowers do not handle slush to good.
Ice wanderer may all go well with the snow clearing once the storm has passed. Hope the wood boiler is well stocked to keep the house warm.
Zcm-82 nice that you could get out fishing with your son with time he will adjust to the Schooley reel. Best to you with the car repair may the bill be low.
Hunts2long your a good dad clearing end of driveway so your daughter could get out to work. (People need their coffee,breakfast sandwiches and doughnuts) nice to read your team rebounded from last weeks rough night of bowling.
Wallyworld thank you I'm doing better now think it must have been something i ate on Saturday night. may your body have recovered from all the traveling. Sounds like you have a nice set up for transporting your ice fishing gear.
IFF have a safe trip to Iowa and fun introducing your SIL to ice fishing. may jake behave himself on the trip. If you will not be to far from Davenport the Iowa Machine Shed if it is still in business has /had good food. After getting a tip about this place from another traveler at a motel in OHIO my family stopped their for breakfast on our way to visit relatives in Casper,WY. way back in the Summer of 1990.

May everyone have a good Monday.
 Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26295 on: Jan 17, 2022, 05:06 PM »
Good afternoon ER's  had to get out for a 2 hr. try. SKUNKED without even a bite. Go Paisley : how nice of winners donating prize $ back. We are pulling for you Paisely. Eddie hope the snow totals don't get to deep. WW hope the car issue is minor. Time for football tonight should be a good game. Might try for a walleye after that.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26296 on: Jan 17, 2022, 06:26 PM »
Also should say paisley is doing good have gone through all the treatments and is on the back side of everything with good numbers and results so everything is looking up for her and the family.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26297 on: Jan 17, 2022, 06:40 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

One more mild day tomorrow then the bottom falls out for a couple days with strong 35mph winds and highs of -1.

Hope everyone in the path of the storm is making out OK :thumbsup:

Bud....Safe travels Sir, you will make an excellent tutor :thumbsup:

Fish....Best of luck to Paisley :clap: :clap:

Z....Excellent pictures! The "Little man" looks right at home :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mr.clean....Glad to read you are feeling better. Hope you don't have too much shoveling to do.

We had a good day in Shamu. We saw a variety of different size northerns, and had a glimpse of a walleye before the water reached full light. The s-i-l caught 3 pike, the biggest about 3.5 pounds. She caught them on one of Drifters favorite pike baits an airplane jig.

I am heading out again tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone has a good evening. Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26298 on: Jan 17, 2022, 06:55 PM »
WS - he does ok for an hour or two, then he gets bored, even when we're on fish.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26299 on: Jan 17, 2022, 08:52 PM »
Good evening in the lower thirties outside will drop to the low twenties overnight. while we reached forty today tomorrow will see a high of thirty and back into the teens over night. Newspaper reports my area only received 0.62 inches of snow I politely disagree think the fact time listed for messurement was after rain started effected the total. After saying for the last year that if you did not move your vehicle for plowing it would be towed this afternoon the property management company had a local tow company here saw three vehicles removed on flat beds. So there will be some upset people. I will have to be noisy and see what the towing bills cost. Hopefully folks will get message and make arrangements to have their vehicle moved if they are not home or can not physically get out and shovel the snow,etc. .
Fish/hunt4ever good to hear young Paisely is doing well and treatments have help her.
Zcm-82 guess you need to kep ice fishing trips with your son short and bring some items to keep him occupied.
Whopper Stopper please give my congratulations to your SIL on catching the walleye on the Northland Airplane jig. Best to you on tomorrow's trip I assume the ice supported weight of your Tahoe and you had no issues driving out to Shamu and back off the ice.  Did you check your auto insurance policy to see if your are covered if the vehicle should break through the ice and need to be recovered and repaired.

May everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26300 on: Jan 17, 2022, 09:56 PM »
Love me some airplane jigs Marv.   ;D
The weekends work wore me out. Went to bed a 5pm yesterday.  :-\
Hopefully I'll have some energy on the weekend. Need to do a little work on the SxS.
Also need to plow around my place here in town.

After a few warmer days winter is back with a fresh extreme cold weather alert again.  ::)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26301 on: Jan 18, 2022, 12:10 AM »

Drifter please don't send that this way any time soon.  Fell asleep woke up in 4th qtr..missed game and night outing so much for plan.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26302 on: Jan 18, 2022, 05:08 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                               It's 9* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                               Marv.........Congratul ations to Jen for the good day in Shamu. :clap:
                               Steve........I hope you get to meet up with your sister and her family today.  :thumbsup: It amazes me how people are warned of the consequences
                 of not moving their cars and don't move them. :unsure: :blink:
                               Bud..........Have a safe trip to IA, I'm sure you can show George a few tricks. :flex:
                               Dave .......Some more of you weather is headed this way but not quite as cold. :whistle:
                               H2l..........I'm glad to read that your team gained some ground in the bowling league. :clap: :flex:
                               Wally.......Sometimes fatigue creeps up on you and bang, you're fast asleep in your favorite chair. :roflmao:
                               Fish.........I hope Paisley is doing better. :thumbsup:
                               Zcm........Sometime it's hard to keep young ones from getting bored out on the ice. He sure looked excited in the picture. :thumbsup:
                               It had stopped snowing around noon and got bright out, so I went out and cleared my driveway. As I got done about 2 hrs. later, it started
                  snowing again. We got another inch or so.
                               Today I have to clean my front walk, stairs and do the back deck.
                               I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work r out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26303 on: Jan 18, 2022, 05:13 AM »
Morning all, 19° and rising with thick clouds this morning. We're heading for a bit of a warm bump today, 43 is the afternoon forecast before a crash back down to single digits tomorow night.

Not much planned today, just work and hoping to get word on the car. I'd sure like it back before my day off to fish Thursday.  :'(

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #26304 on: Jan 18, 2022, 05:31 AM »
Good Morning OG, Jeff, Z, Morning Everyone,
  17* with flurries and WNW winds blowing 20-30mph this am, high of 22 here today. Ended up with 10” of snow here yesterday before the temperatures rose and it turned over to light rain off and on around noon time.

OG…been there and done that one a few times, lol. Good luck today if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…think I still have a few airplane jigs floating around, we use to tip them with a strip of sucker or a minnow for lake trout…never did target pike with them, hmmm!  Hope the energy level increases by the weekend, looking forward to some cabin porn soon…best wishes!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…glad you’re feeling better, have a nice visit and breakfast today with the family! :thumbsup:  The snowblower ran fine and with the predicted warm up and rain possible yesterday, I didn’t want to have to deal with the slush packing up the shoot constantly…my mailbox even made it through this time!   ;D  I would imagine there was some upset people at your complex seeing their cars towed, my guess would be about a $250 charge plus a daily storage fee.
  Marv….CONGRATULATIONS to Jen on the pike, that’s awesome!   :clap:  Best of luck today, hope the walleyes are cruising!!  :thumbsup:
  FH4….thank you for the derby link, that was stellar for the winners to donate back their prize money to Paisley!! Glad she is doing well, continued best wishes for her!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Bud…have a safe trip to Iowa and best of luck with the Icefishing mentoring!!  :clap: :icefish:
  Wally…sorry to hear about the car issues and the team meeting up with some stiff competition. Glad you made it home ok!   :thumbsup: 
  Jeff…sounds like the snow removal went well yesterday and problem free!  :thumbsup:  Maybe it will have cooled down the temps on LG to help it along building up some ice now…some decent temps for making ice moving in again, fingers crossed!
  Z…CONGRATULATIONS to both you and your son on a good day of catching, way to go Dad!   :clap: :bow:  Best wishes on the car today!
  H2…congrats to you and the team on the lanes and picking up some points!  :clap: :thumbsup:

Well,  the first round of snow removal is in the books, lol. Only snapped 1 shear pin from a piece of blacktop the plow delivered to my driveway, but other than that no problems.
  Sunday afternoons trip to the lake was a bust…fished from 2-5pm without a hit and didn’t mark much for fish out in the deeper water…40-50’. Doubt I’m going to do any fishing today with the winds. Planning on a lunch with my Mom today. They now offer rapid tests at the nursing home, takes 15 minutes for the results and if negative, good to go for 3 days.  :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26305 on: Jan 18, 2022, 05:38 AM »
Good morning IW, Z! Good morning everyone :bow:

+36 for a high today, 0 tomorrow with high winds.

mr.clean.....Fully aware of where I stand with my insurance company, but Thanks for the concern, appreciated :thumbsup:

IW....Best of luck on the remaining snow detail :thumbsup:

I am out the door heading to Shamu. Hope today the walleyes are moving

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26306 on: Jan 18, 2022, 06:10 AM »
13* and it doesn't look like any wind, yet.
WS, good luck at the lake today.
With the clearing of the driveway and the cars yesterday, I was whipped last night. Lindsay got to use her snow blower yesterday for the first time. She said she took her time and only blew snow into her garage once.
My brother called and told me that our sister has Covid. She told him she is feeling better. She lives out in Ft. Plain and we don't see her very often. Both her daughters are RN's.
Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26307 on: Jan 18, 2022, 06:43 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....best wishes to your sister for a speedy, complete recovery  ;)

Eddie....glad to hear testing has been worked out at the nursing home   :clap:

IW....it snowed/rained here all day and still coming down, only accumulated about 6" of heavy wet slop  ::)

MrC.....enjoy the visit/breakfast today   :thumbsup:

WS.....good luck today  :icefish:

Z....hope you hear something on your car today  :-\

IFF.....safe travels, enjoy the trip, hope you guys land some trophies  :flex:

FH4.....thanks for the link, glad to hear Paisley's doing well  :thumbsup:

OG.....been there, done that  :roflmao:

Nothing much planned today, probably just a grocery store run to restock the fridge  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26308 on: Jan 18, 2022, 09:36 AM »
:wacko:   :blink:    :unsure:   :cookoo:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26309 on: Jan 18, 2022, 03:34 PM »

Good afternoon ER's after yesterdays skunk I wanted to go back and find a hole I found yesterday. I never did locate it but did venture out another 100 yards  fished 10,15,20, and 16 ft. One nice perch it tasted good. 37* but wind was brutal after first hour. Stuck it out for 3 hrs. The slender spoon has 2 thumbs up from me caught gills and perch now with it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.