Author Topic: Shanty Rentals In Utah  (Read 3316 times)

Offline B

• IceShanty Rookie
Shanty Rentals In Utah
« on: Dec 16, 2007, 11:10 AM »
My wife and I will be visiting friends in Eden, UT at the end of January (Superbowl Weekend).  We love all types of fishing - but she can't take the cold... so I've either gotta find a shack, or forgo this new fishing experience.   

I've made internet queries and phone calls - to no avail.  Rentals seem to be unavailable in Utah, and our friend (non-fishing, lives here in CA with a pad in Eden) says that we are barking up the wrong tree.

I usually kayak or surf fish in So. Cal. or Baja

but I am up for new fishing experiences wherever we go.  Plus I'd like to write a nice ice report for my friends on scsurffishing.com  Do any of you Utah locals know of a rental shack?  either from an outfitter or private party?  Heat would be nice.... widescreen TV and mini-bar are not required  :)

BTW - I respect the locals and their fishing spots, and DO NOT post exact locations or details.

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Shanty Rentals In Utah
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2007, 10:49 PM »
I only know of one marina that rents them and that is along time ago . It depends on where you plan to fish . I would call the local marina to find out . You will be staying right next to Pineview , which has perch , crappie , bass , and tiger muskie and it is capping right now .
Utah Ice

Offline fd757

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Shanty Rentals In Utah
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2008, 02:25 PM »
I haven't seen any shanty rental places around.  I fish pineview and causey quite a bit, but it wouldn't hurt to call and see.  If you hook into a tiger muskie, you will have to take pics and share with us.  Good luck and bring warm clothes, it is cold here.   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.