Author Topic: Strawberry and Starvation  (Read 965 times)

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Strawberry and Starvation
« on: Jan 15, 2015, 06:30 PM »
I was wondering how thick the ice is and if atv's are allowed on the ice. Also what is the typical catch from each? Thanks in advance for any responses

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
Re: Strawberry and Starvation
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2015, 07:33 PM »
Strawberry: the ice is 6-10 inches in the bays. They are running atv's in the bay. The problem with running atv's at strawberry is getting on the ice there is very little access. The Catch: They have a slot on cutthroats so between 15-22 inches it is mandatory release unharmed. Even if it's going to die. Save yourself a ticket. The fishing has been medium to good. You have to get away from the easily fished areas for the numbers to come up. Good action for cut throats is 13-40 feet. The rainbows are usually suspended from 5-15 feet down under the ice.  Sometimes the cut throats are running with the rainbows. I like to fish maniac custom lures gizzy bugs cutter bugs and gazilla's in glo colors for the rainbows. Brown and green for the cuts.

Starvation: I hear the ice is about 4-6 inches in the bays. It still has open water in the middle of the lake. They catch rainbows there. The rainbows will be 2-3 pounds. There is no slot limit here.  They will be 10-40 feet under the ice. The same bait works well at this lake also. You can purchase them at the One Stop in Heber. Very good selections. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2015, 08:01 PM »
Thanks for your detailed response. Can an out of state license be purchased in Hebert as well? No problem with the C&R on the cutties. We do that anyway.

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2015, 09:22 PM »
You can purchase a license online at the UDWR web page and print off a temporary license that you can take fishing. You can also purchase them at many license vendors ie. Walmart,Smiths grocery store both are located in Heber UT.

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2015, 09:57 PM »
Thanks fellas.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.