Author Topic: Lake of the Prairies?  (Read 1247 times)

Offline SK Justin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake of the Prairies?
« on: Mar 20, 2005, 11:08 PM »
I'm looking to do some fishing there before the season is done. Where would be some good locations for Pike? Also how has the fishing been on other species? Thanks!

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Re: Lake of the Prairies?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2005, 04:36 AM »
Welcome aboard JJP. Well from what I have heard the walleye bite has been fair. To pick up some pike I would recommend driving on at Pyotts point and then go north to the foundation area. Approx a couple of miles. I would even try some of the bays on this lake. The mouth of the bays that enter the lake would be the best for pike. Good luck.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2005, 08:35 AM »
I caught a few walleyes right where the shell meets lotp. I found 30 feet and bango. It was really slow though.
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2005, 08:45 AM »
welcome aboard JJP!!......good group of people here that are more than willing to share some great info....pike....go to the whiteshell.....pick a lake...Grump ;D ;D

Offline SK Justin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2005, 02:24 PM »
I did try lake of the prairies the other day, only managed 1 walleye of around 23", oddly enough it was suspended at about 15' over 38'. If I wouldn't have seen it cruise through on the locater I'd have never caught it. I just want some good big pike action, which i've never had at LOTP during winter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.