Author Topic: Birch Point part II  (Read 1126 times)

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm baaaack let the fishing begin
Birch Point part II
« on: Mar 19, 2005, 01:04 AM »
Day started at 6:00am okay pushed the snooze once so it started at 6:09. :-X Packed up and got to friends place at 7:15. Guess I shouldn't have hit the snooze. :-\
Loaded up and off to Birch. What a beautiful day. Got to Birch loaded up the snowmobile and sled and off to the sandbar village. Could not wipe the grin of my face on the ride there. ;D ;D
Arrive at the village about 10:15 and look for where my friend had been the day before. Could not find it so set up in approximate area he claimed to be.
1 nibble and a miss. "Oh the pike are all at the river" we were told. Apparently these fine gentlemen had caught 12 or so big pike so if pike was what we were after that was the place to be. So we packed up again and off to Reed river.
We fished there for about 2.5 hrs. That was enough for us to prove that we obviously were not in the right area.
We packed up again and back to the village. Apparently we had not missed much only one burbot caught bettween  several other anglers.
We unpacked again set up and waited. There was an ever increasing odor of skunk in the air.
Finally we managed one burbot. Phew thought we were going home empty handed.
Shortly after most of the other guys packed  up and called it a bad day the walleye started to hit.
Caught 6 in about 1/2 hour, and then that was over. One more burbot at clean up,But that tore one of the stingers we were using, and we were done.
Well according to us and the others it was a slow day but at least kept the skunk at bay.
But what a great day to be on the lake.

Tim

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Birch Point part II
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Not a bad day it least you didn't get skunked.It could have been a better day on the northerns part.Good luck at the delta this week. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.