Author Topic: New 6x8  (Read 2979 times)

Offline DU4LIFE

• Team IceShanty Regular
New 6x8
« on: Dec 20, 2018, 06:59 PM »
Built a new shack with my son this year .  Started out with a pop up camper and quickly learned that the floor was rotted out. So it was stripped to the frame . Used 3/4" (Thompson water sealed) plywood for the floor.  After a quick shovel we got started.

Offline DU4LIFE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New 6x8
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:03 PM »
Found a couple windows for free at the town dump.
1 fully functional sliding window.
1 double pane picture window (wrapped as new)

Offline DU4LIFE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:08 PM »
Built some walls as the boss pulled security at the front of the garage ;D

Offline DU4LIFE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:17 PM »
Bolted and screwed the walls to the floor/frame.

Offline DU4LIFE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:27 PM »
Plywood siding , windows and roofing felt installed. .

Offline DU4LIFE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Steel roof installed . Also had spray foam insulation applied.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:37 PM »
Looks very nice! Enjoy using it with your son and thanks for all the pictures!

Offline DU4LIFE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:42 PM »
Looks very nice! Enjoy using it with your son and thanks for all the pictures!

Thanks tbern! After looking through all the build logs here for inspiration,  I figured it was time to contribute.  Plenty of time to customize the inside now that it's all sealed up.

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2018, 07:23 AM »
Well done! Looks awesome!!

Offline lazyMlazyK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2018, 09:06 AM »
Very nice!! Do you have any pictures of the trailer frame under the plywood floor?  Did you modify the frame to sit down on the ice or will you be using buckets/sleeves?

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2018, 12:20 PM »
looking good nice work

Offline DU4LIFE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2018, 01:27 PM »
Very nice!! Do you have any pictures of the trailer frame under the plywood floor?  Did you modify the frame to sit down on the ice or will you be using buckets/sleeves?

I didnt snap any photos of the frame prior to attaching the plywood. I ended up having the bottom spray foamed so you cant see much of the frame anymore. My original plan was to sandwich 1" foam sheets between existing ply floor and another sheet of ply ,but was talked out of that for $50 to spray foam the bottom.

I want to purchase catch hole covers and sleeves but i'm over (my) budget on this build for now, so that will have to wait. I'll probably do 5 gallon buckets for now.

Does anyone know if a 5 gallon bucket will fit in the catch hole cover ? That would save me from buying the catch hole cover brand sleeves.

Offline DU4LIFE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Im waiting on led dome lights and reflectors (we need 12sq inches on each side) from etrailers.com . I also ordered a Marine 5 Gang Electrical LED Rocker Switch Panel USB Circuit Breaker 12V DC from ebay.  Still have to mount the 2 burner stove that was scrapped from the original popup camper. For now I will probably use a couple gravity chairs to sit on . We saved  all the bedding/seat foam from the popup camper and its all mint , so at some point down the road my son wants bunk beds.

Offline lazyMlazyK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 19, 2021, 09:27 AM »
Im waiting on led dome lights and reflectors (we need 12sq inches on each side) from etrailers.com . I also ordered a Marine 5 Gang Electrical LED Rocker Switch Panel USB Circuit Breaker 12V DC from ebay.  Still have to mount the 2 burner stove that was scrapped from the original popup camper. For now I will probably use a couple gravity chairs to sit on . We saved  all the bedding/seat foam from the popup camper and its all mint , so at some point down the road my son wants bunk beds.

So how did this build turn out?  Did you end up putting in catch covers & sleeves? Did the bunk beds work out?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.