Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Dressing for ice fishing

army surplus mittens?

(1/2) > >>

blue mule:
was at the local flea market yesterday and they had a big box of army surplus mittens. wool liners, some had trigger fingers, leather palms. elbow length. they looked a bit cumbersome, but might come in handy gathering tip ups on the way out. anyone ever use these? for 9 bucks might be worth it just to make snowmen with the grandkids. thanks,
                            blue mule

archbishop:
i use them, they wrok great, they are a little cumbersome, but all you do is 5' long string fron cuff to cuff and toss them over your shoulder, toss them off to bring up a fish, slide them back on when your done, you dont have to worry about loosing them, personally though i use them for hunting mostly, they get to be a hassle when your cracking beverage after beverage ;)

blue mule:

--- Quote from: archbishop on Sep 25, 2006, 08:46 AM ---i use them, they wrok great, they are a little cumbersome, but all you do is 5' long string fron cuff to cuff and toss them over your shoulder, toss them off to bring up a fish, slide them back on when your done, you dont have to worry about loosing them, personally though i use them for hunting mostly, they get to be a hassle when your cracking beverage after beverage ;)

--- End quote ---
thanks arch. i'm sure i'll find that out!

archbishop:

--- Quote from: blue mule on Sep 25, 2006, 04:19 PM ---thanks arch. i'm sure i'll find that out!

--- End quote ---

although, with the leather palm, the moisture from the beverage doesnt get your glove damp :tipup:
the times i do use them on the ice i dont have the liners in, just the glove, it makes them loose for easy one, easy off usage :-\ they work good that way for when im just hanging out BS'ing, when i see a flag they slip right off, and when my hands are wet they slip right back on, they are great in that aspect :tipup:

gofish33:
Been using them for 3-4 years now, best warm gloves for the money!! Drop a handwarmer in each one before you head out on the ice, they'll stay nice and toasty all day . 

gofish33

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version