Author Topic: Palisades report  (Read 868 times)

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
Palisades report
« on: Jan 02, 2012, 04:50 PM »
Just got back from fishing the creek side of Big Elk with Liv2hnt. Good ice 8-10 inches underneath 8 inches of slush. Very wet fishing and not one single bite. A few people around us picked some up but not even a bite for us. Funny how what has always worked in the past just doesn't work sometimes. Oh well that is fishing. Was good to finally meet Jaklakmak. Both us being from the tiny town of Driggs you would think we would have met by now. PM me some time jaklakmak and hopefully we can hook up and fish together sometime. Maybe even Jackson. Never been there. Hope everyone else had better luck than us today.

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Palisades report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:43 PM »
What's the ice looking like on the lake side?  I have been itchin to get up there but haven't been all that encouraged by the big elk reports.

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2012, 09:16 AM »
The cove on the Big Elk side is just starting to freeze over. Looks pretty scary if you ask me. No one has been on it and I don't think anyone will go on it for a while.

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2012, 11:53 AM »
That's what I was afraid of.  Oh well, since the weather is supposed to be nice and balmy this week, I think I'll just go hit the south fork and try and land some browns.

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2012, 02:44 PM »
Good luck on the south fork. Almost ready to pull the boat back out of storage. lol ;D :tipup:

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2012, 09:43 PM »
Just got back from fishing the creek side of Big Elk with Liv2hnt. Good ice 8-10 inches underneath 8 inches of slush. Very wet fishing and not one single bite. A few people around us picked some up but not even a bite for us. Funny how what has always worked in the past just doesn't work sometimes. Oh well that is fishing. Was good to finally meet Jaklakmak. Both us being from the tiny town of Driggs you would think we would have met by now. PM me some time jaklakmak and hopefully we can hook up and fish together sometime. Maybe even Jackson. Never been there. Hope everyone else had better luck than us today.
Good to finally meet you guys too golfmechs and liv2hnt! Not going anywhere this week as I am on call at work. Maybe next weekend a Jackson Trip. Will let you know as soon as a know what my plans are.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.