Author Topic: onieda?  (Read 499 times)

Offline solesoaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
onieda?
« on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:34 PM »
anyone know anything about Oneida and how fast waleye will grow? was looking at F&G stocking records and it says they dumped a few 100 thousand 3-5inch walleye in there back in may, I have never herd of anyone ice fishing it and I know nothing about walleye so any info would be nice
what did the fish say when he ran into a brick wall?

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: onieda?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2012, 02:32 PM »
I saw your post and did a quick search to find where exactly were in SE Idaho Onieda was and the first link I hit I read this:

Oneida Reservoir:, (Franklin County), Walleye, perch and occasional smallmouth bass. Fair fishing for 12-14 inch walleye with occasional fish larger than 20 inches. Oneida Narrows Reservoir is used to generate electricity, it is open to the public for boating, fishing, swimming etc. There are 2 boat ramps, and camping available as well as a day use picnic area. Below the dam another 6 miles of Bear River provide great trout fishing in the beautiful Oneida Narrows.

I would assume the Walleye were introduced before the May release?

Offline solesoaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: onieda?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:39 PM »
yes they have been there for years, I have tryde several times to find them and have only caught one or two in the early spring, figured it would be easy er to find them and would be easy er to cover more ground since I have never been out in the boat down there, the road in would beat the heck outta everything since it's a maintenance free road  :) I have just never herd anything about it for ice conditions or people fishing on the ice down there
what did the fish say when he ran into a brick wall?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.