Author Topic: Warning if you're going to poison creek!!!  (Read 941 times)

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
Warning if you're going to poison creek!!!
« on: Dec 30, 2011, 06:32 PM »
I was up there today and just before I left I found a hole big enough for a guy my size to go through!!! It's off the boat ramp, slightly right-ish and about 100yds out. It didn't look like a chainsaw hole, and it's not enough to keep me from going. I was trying to figure out how to mark it but with all the water on the ice and the wind and rain...I couldn't come up with any markers...It's supposed to freeze and snow tonight...just be careful.

Out off the boat ramp about 150yds there was at least 10" of ice. This warm weather is going away so no pauses in our season...see you all up there...

Hogger

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Warning if you're going to poison creek!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2011, 07:26 PM »
the same lots of water on the lake one open stop to right off the boat dock at sugarloaf but 11" of ice out 200 yds from the dock .just everyone be careful out there.
Team Spudsickel 2012 1st place rainbow 2016 2nd place perch

Offline JigginInID

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up. Gonna be up there on Monday, hopefully the slop on top freezes solid.

Offline elkcrazy8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2011, 10:15 PM »
How much longer did you stay Hogger? That had to be among the most horrible day I have had on the ice.... The holes looked like toilet bowls flushing! I may try sunday but will leave the 4 wheeler home if I do.......

Offline bob4b

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati, Red Green
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:44 AM »
Chief, did you do very good at Sugarloaf? Hope it ws better than Poison Creek the other day. Let's plan a trip on Thursday or Friday when the weather cools down and the ice is better.

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2011, 02:05 PM »
Hey elkcrazy,
 I actually headed to the boat ramp within 15mins of you pulling out. Now I wish I woulda been dry enough to stay up there. Got called into work last nite for 12 long hours with one 15 minute break...that sucked and blew (if you remember your comment about the weather on the ice, LOL)

Hogger

Offline elkcrazy8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2011, 04:18 PM »
Yip, I do remember that comment.... the icefishing was somewhere in the middle of sucking and blowing!!!!! Its a good thing we have a fairly long season! There will be more!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.