Author Topic: Henry's Lake  (Read 14605 times)

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
Re: Henry's Lake
« Reply #30 on: Nov 09, 2011, 06:31 PM »
I am headed up to fish off the bank tomorrow and Thursday when I get back I will post an ice report . Curt G.
Come on Curt! The suspence is killing me. What did you find up there today???? ???

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Nov 11, 2011, 03:41 AM »
I was there Wednesday . All of the boat ramps are froze over , and the finger from the main lake all the way to the dam is froze . If we don't get a big wind storm I think we will be ice fishing it by the 19 or 20 of November . We found one spot where we could fish from the bank and kept 2 Cutthroughts that were 4 pounds and 1 Rainbow that was 3 pounds . Curt G. P.S. Thursday morning it was -1 degree .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Nov 11, 2011, 03:45 AM »
I am just guessing but it looks to be a good mile from County boat dock to Stalyes . I bought me an old used snowmachine so I don't have to walk it . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline mooseymo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Is there anyone I can call to get an ice report for henrys?
sick days are for fishing!

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #34 on: Nov 14, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Its froze all the way over but still too dangerously thin to even try to get on.

Offline mooseymo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Nov 15, 2011, 11:25 AM »
Thx
sick days are for fishing!

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #36 on: Nov 15, 2011, 11:40 AM »
Thx
Last year we fished the outlet because it always freezes before any other part of the lake. You might try the outlet this weekend. It could have 4-5 inches of ice if these temps keep it up but I would definately take a spud bar and test your way out onto the ice. You might see me up there doing the same. I drive a white Ford F-250.

Offline smalltime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Nov 16, 2011, 08:17 PM »
i would like to go give it a try if there are people that go i would split gas or drive pm me if you would like to do something like that

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #38 on: Nov 16, 2011, 08:31 PM »
i would like to go give it a try if there are people that go i would split gas or drive pm me if you would like to do something like that
Sent you a pm

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #39 on: Nov 19, 2011, 07:43 PM »
Anyone brave the elements and go to Henry's today? If so how was it?

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Nov 20, 2011, 06:16 PM »
I fished Friday and Saturday . I fished the outlet Friday and landed 30 fish . 8" of ice , fished State Boat Dock Saturday landed 10 . 4" of ice . The biggest was 19 1/2 " Brookie and 20 " Cuttrought . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #41 on: Nov 20, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Cool deal Curt! I answered my own question by going up today. We fish just to the south of the fish hatchery and landed 21 in 2 hours. We were wanting to fish the outlet but was not sure about the access to it. How did you get to the outlet?

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Nov 20, 2011, 07:41 PM »
I got there Friday off Redrock Road , when I went back Saturday the snowplow had pushed a 3' wall of snow into the road so thats why I went to the State Park on Saturday . I just barely made it in the snow is getting deep on that road . Next time I am taking my snowmachine , unload at county and fish Staley's . That will be next Tuesday a week from now . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline sledmanwinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:40 AM »
Henry's lake has close to 5" of ice and will stay open tell Jan 1st 2012 then closes for season. reports that the center has open water edges are 5" to 7" inch's thick in areas
Fish Slayer

Offline sledmanwinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Nov 22, 2011, 08:50 AM »
hey guys

what type of jigs or bait you all been using on Henry's this past weekend that's working great

thanks

Fish Slayer

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #45 on: Nov 22, 2011, 06:43 PM »
hey guys

what type of jigs or bait you all been using on Henry's this past weekend that's working great

thanks
I was using 1/8 and 1/16 oz jigs tipped with mealworms and night crawlers and caught a few on just a night crawler and a yellow marshmallow.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Nov 22, 2011, 08:25 PM »
I caught most of my fish on a hole nightcrawler and a kernal of corn . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline rjd007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Nov 25, 2011, 09:03 AM »
How is the parking?  Thinking about heading there Saturday.  Did you try the "Popper"?

RD

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Nov 25, 2011, 10:58 AM »
Yes I did try the popper . I had it trip 20 and only hooked 2 fish . I think the rods I was useing are to limp to get a good hook set . When I was there at State boat dock . There were only 3 trucks in the parking lot . But this weekend will be alot different because the word is out about the good fishing . Curt
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline rjd007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Nov 26, 2011, 08:29 AM »
You need a stiff one that is for sure ;D  I usually get about 95% hook set with them but I float it off the bottom.  I use a slip sinker, the smallest spiltshot on the bottom for depth adjustment.  Have not tried supending them so see how that works.  Thinking about heading that way on Sunday if I can generate interest form the crew.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Nov 26, 2011, 10:03 AM »
Good Luck , If I was off I would meet you up there . I am going up Tuesday so post a report so I will have some new information . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline idahopanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Nov 26, 2011, 11:01 AM »
what is the popper?
Michael
Keep looking to the East
He will be coming in the clouds.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Nov 26, 2011, 01:02 PM »
If you go to the Cabelas web sight look in ice fishing section . They call it the Automatic Fisherman . We are building the same thing only out of PVC . It is a rod holder that you can preload the rod so when a fish bites the rod snaps up and sets the hook . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Brentster7189

« Reply #53 on: Nov 28, 2011, 02:49 PM »
Anyone getting any pictures taken from fishing out on Henry's?  Would love to see them.

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #54 on: Nov 28, 2011, 03:17 PM »
Anyone getting any pictures taken from fishing out on Henry's?  Would love to see them.
Just a few from Saturdays action!

Brentster7189

« Reply #55 on: Nov 28, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Nice.  So is anyone driving from the west part of the state over to Henry's to fish, or is it mostly eastern folks fishing up there?

HooknHunter

« Reply #56 on: Nov 28, 2011, 08:53 PM »
I'm going Thursday-Saturday of next week.  I know of a few who go over, but not many.  My son got a 21" Brookie last year.  Beautiful fish.  Worth the drive if you are willing to pay for a place to stay for a few days.

Offline sledmanwinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Nov 29, 2011, 10:38 PM »
how thick is the ice in areas on henrys lake let me know please
Fish Slayer

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #58 on: Nov 29, 2011, 10:50 PM »
It was anywhere from 3 inches to about 10 inches. I finished up the day on ice that was 10 inches thick Sunday.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Nov 30, 2011, 09:25 AM »
The ice is safe ,people are riding snowmachines all over the lake . The spot I fished last week had 4" of ice and yesterday it had 9" . Fishing is great for fish up to 19" . I couldn't find any bigger ones . The fish bite was good off and on all day ,from 9AM to 4PM .Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.